Hacking Will change my DS Lite's shell case soon... but one question

Amelia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The shell case that I'm about to buy off ebay says 'No hinge included". Will this be a problem if I have a Black DS Lite and going to change to a White shell case? (eg mismatching colours, I want a full white DS with no black). My DSLITE as of now is fully working, no problems with it.

For reference: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Housing-Shell-Case-...93%3A1|294%3A50

Under the picture: Hinge is NOT included

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, Deal Extreme one is much better value.
However, you will still need to use your original hinge and ring from your black case.
Usually they fit fine but sometimes the ring is too long to seat properly in some cases.

You can always order this at the same time.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well...dunno about DSL cases, but I went and swapped my old DS Phat's case and it came with the hinge and everything. Hinge isn't quite as nice as the original one, but it worked. Those cases should come with one?

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, some of the original DS cases do come with a hinge already installed, but so far none of the DSL cases that I have ordered (about 15), have had a hinge included.
Also one of the reviews on the white case in question states "you will need to save hingepin from old case".

raskal549

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i may be wrong but i think the OP is misunderstanding what the ebay seller is trying to say. he is not talking about the part of the DS Lite case that covers the hinge mechanism. he saying that it does not come with the hinge mechanism itself. like Steevsee said, the hinge pin will have to be taken from your original DS Lite case. so this new replacement case will be all one color. but if i were to get a replacement white one, i would get a dual injected case instead. like the replacement "shells" from DX. just my opinion. good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Whip it, whip it good!