Will Brawl JPN be compatible with NTSC/PAL?

Which of the following best describes your expectation of SSBB Japanese compatibility

• Works with PAL/NTSC, multi language support

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Works with PAL/NTSC, Japanese language only

• Doesn't work with PAL/NTSC, but with chipped JPN consoles

• Does not work with chipped Wiis (new copyright protection)

• Will be delayed for another year with no leaks

• Total voters

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Knowing Nintendo and the amount of time they have spent since Galaxy possibly trying out new copyright protections, plus taking into account the compatibility of recent first party Nintendo releases, which scenario do you think is most likely for the Japanese dump of Super Smash Bros Brawl? Hint: please don't vote the last option. It be bad luck!!!
cry.gif

Keep in mind that the Japanese release of Melee had both languages on it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aren't both JPN and US consoles NTSC, and the difference is in NTSC-U and NTSC-J? I keep thinking it won't work on different regions but I hope that isn't going to happen.

And I still haven't seen confirmation on whether the JPN Melee was Multi2 or not...

platypusrme427

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can't really make a good enough copy protection to stop people from playing the game, so I doubt they will try to do so more than Mario Galaxy. I can almost guarantee it will work NTSC-US. PAL is kinda iffy. Hopefully Nintendo will make it Multi2 at least.

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A flaw in the poll; I didn't take into consideration the differences between PAL and NTSC-U... oh well. Hope there's no duplicate channels or anything!

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping for Multi2, but like Seraph, I haven't seen much proof that Japanese Melee had an English option. Dojo also showed us the options page, which was lacking a language option. It could have been added in later, but who knows.

NTSC compatibility with Japanese games haven't been too bad, and even with protection slapped on Brawl, the modchip teams will probably have it broken within a week.
PAL however, might have some problems...

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for Multi2, but like Seraph, I haven't seen much proof that Japanese Melee had an English option. Dojo also showed us the options page, which was lacking a language option. It could have been added in later, but who knows.

NTSC compatibility with Japanese games haven't been too bad, and even with protection slapped on Brawl, the modchip teams will probably have it broken within a week.
PAL however, might have some problems...
I'm thinking the US version will be Multi2 because some(or one?) of the Dojo updates have talked about the Japanese versions of something, and Melee was Multi2.

I'm wasn't worried about protection, but compatibility. The Japanese SMG still does not work on a NTSC-U console, does it not? Or was it the other way around...?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I'm going to go with " Doesn't work with PAL/NTSC, but with chipped JPN consoles". Either that, or it will only partially work. I think a lot of the features are not going to work as intended on western consoles.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I say works with NTSC-U and NTSC-J, but no PAL. Pre-SMG-chips are detected. Languages Japanese and possibly English, not the other NTSC-U or PAL languages.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will work on it's intended region console only or will be ntsc-j and ntsc-u only. No pal. Nintendo love screwing Europe , so wouldn't surprise me if they rigged it , so it specifically won't work on pal with current mods , just as an extra kick in the nuts.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Since the SMG modchips fix, I think there are realy stealth now.

And I think it will be difficult for Nintendo to add a new protection.

And I'm sure it's not Nintendo who decides if SSBB will work or not on PAL/NTSC-U. ^^ it is just...chance ^^

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning