Hacking Will attempting twl Hack Brick my wii?

Nintenterd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, i want to know if twilight hack can Brick my wii, Cuz i want to get some of the virtual console games and i just wanted to be sure before i actually do install Twilight Hack.

Btw:my cousin accidently updated my wii to 3.3U

but there is another way around it my friend told me..

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Installing and using the Twilight Hack itself is not dangerous. Since the Twilight Hack allows you to run arbitrary software, you must be careful not to run any software that might brick your Wii. I suggest you install the Homebrew Channel using the Twilight Hack. It allows running homebrew software from your SD card and is currently not known to be unsafe. You can delete the Twilight Hack (and use your original Twilight Princess save file, if you want) after the installation of the HBC.

EDIT: The most recent version of the Twilight Hack works on System Menu 3.3

Nintenterd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Helsionium said:
Installing and using the Twilight Hack itself is not dangerous. Since the Twilight Hack allows you to run arbitrary software, you must be careful not to run any software that might brick your Wii. I suggest you install the Homebrew Channel using the Twilight Hack. It allows running homebrew software from your SD card and is currently not known to be unsafe. You can delete the Twilight Hack (and use your original Twilight Princess save file, if you want) after the installation of the HBC.

So i can install Twilight hack and during the installation i most certainly 100% cannot brick my wii? (during the installation)

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintenterd said:
Helsionium said:

So i can install Twilight hack and during the installation i most certainly 100% cannot brick my wii? (during the installation)

Correct.

tyrantpig99

Trophies
XP
Country
hey im a constant user of ds homebrew (with m3 ds simply) and now im trying to learn more about the risks involved with the twilight hack ,the bricking can be undone cant it, and does this homebrew channel and the other software for it delete your savegames and miis.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Nintenterd said:
hi, i want to know if twilight hack can Brick my wii, Cuz i want to get some of the virtual console games and i just wanted to be sure before i actually do install Twilight Hack.

Btw:my cousin accidently updated my wii to 3.3U

but there is another way around it my friend told me..

The twilight hack is just a hacked save file for twilight princess. It does not install, you simply copy it from your sd card to your wii. It cannot brick your wii, it is only what you use it to run that can potentially brick your wii. So just be careful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol