Will arcodes work in gateway emunand if I downgrade the browser?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pokefan92, Oct 4, 2015.

1. pokefan92
    OP

pokefan92 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    I've been reading a lot, but most of people talk about cfws and I'm interested in gateway emunand.

I lost my save data in kingdom hearts dream drop distance, and now I want to add cheats because I want a quick way to recover my progress.

If I just go to 'that iso site' and download the 4096 version of the browser with devmenu in emunand, will arcodes work?

If is useful, I have a Old3DS 4.4 + emunand

I am a bit scared due to this post by cearp:

"gw does not support updating the nativefirm, so you will brick if this is needed to update in the fw update :)"
    https://gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=5566803#post-5566803

Thanks in advance

2. tjhooker73

tjhooker73 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    If you update a system title in emunand it shouldn't brick the 3ds. It might cause your emunand to become unusable. But that's easy to fix.

3. pokefan92
    OP

pokefan92 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    I think I will wait for more replies before doing anything...

4. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Since you have a O3DS, you can update emunand to the latest firmware (10.1 currently). Afterwards just find the correct browser version for this exploit (the one from firmware 9.2 for example) and install it with a CIA installer (BBM, FBI, etc). You need to install it to emunand obviously. That way you'll downgrade your current browser in emunand and the ARCodes will work. It makes no difference if it's made in a CFW or Gateway. You're just modifying a single component of emunand.

You can find the correct browser version in that "ISO" website for "3DS".

As a personal advice, always make a backup of your sysnand and emunand. This advice isn't related to this process you're asking about but it's just a general recommendation so that you always have a backup in case anything ever happens.

Last edited by lemanuel, Oct 4, 2015
  5. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    I gave myself some coins in sticker star before, so I'd say yes.

I downgraded to the last exploitable spider browser (downloaded from nus), then installed it and used arcodes website to give myself coins while in gateway emunand.

6. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Yes, i can confirm that ARCODE works just fine in Gateway 9.9 emuNAND for CIA and .3DS formats, with a downgraded browser.