will an a-data turbo micro sdhc 4gb class 6 work with cyclo ds?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by triple-sevenz, Jun 22, 2008.

1. triple-sevenz
    OP

Member triple-sevenz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have an a-data turbo micro sdhc 4gb class 6 and im wondering if it would work with a cyclo ds. i originally got a m3ds real but i cant play castlevania por nor twewy. so im going to switch to cyclo ds. will i be able to play those two with this card or should i get a different one? ive heard slow downs on the enhanced menu. is that gonna be a big problem cause ill prolly use rts alot. also i heard kingston MiJ 4gb were pretty good. i cant get it from dealwoot cause i cant make a paypal account. does anyone kno another reliable site? also wats the turbo for? does it mean its faster than those without it?

2. solange82200

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have the A data 4 gig Class 6 (not sure about the turbo part, ill have to check), and a Cyclo DS, and it works perfectly. I dont have any delays with the enhanced menu, I'm not sure why others do. In my opinion, its a reliable card and a good choice for the Cyclo DS.

3. vboy

Newcomer vboy Member

Australia
    I use the A-data 4gb. The turbo means nothing, it's just a subtitle given to the 4gb class 6 card. There is some minor lag compared to my Kingston 2GB. I timed it and it takes roughly 2 seconds for the enhanced menu to come up so thats alright.

Both Castlevanias work fine including the intros (no lag) and TWEWY works great.

Buy it from Newegg, very cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196

4. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    He's already got one. [​IMG]

Anyway, just try it when your cycloDS comes in. If the menu loads fine then you shouldn't need to do anything else.

5. triple-sevenz
    OP

Member triple-sevenz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well im selling my m3ds real to my friend. he'll need a micro sdhc card too. i was going to sell him this one and get a new one for myself. does the sandisk 8gb class 4 micro sdhc take longer to load the enhanced menu?

6. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    1-2 seconds according to everybody, it's apparently 'perfect.' I still haven't gotten around to picking one up yet. [​IMG]