Hacking Will all new wii games have the same copy-write protection that NSMB w

muscarella_7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im wondering if all new wii games will have the same copy-write protection that NSMB wii had.

i want to know so i can buy an external hard drive because new super mario bros. wii did not work on a disk but it worked off of a usb device

thanks

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
it depends.
usually, theyll apply anti piracy checks on games if theyre of a big, major name (mario, final fantasy to name a few)

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well technically i would say yes, but as we have seen the actual 'protection' is in the form of BCA. So what we will probably see is ninty will have added this new BCA check to their latest devkit software, so as soon as the other developers upgrade their development software you will start to see third party games with the same form of BCA protection.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not. Odds are Nintendo copyrighted the copy right protection. So either companies can fork over cash to Ninty for their anti-piracy (which has already been cracked for their first game using it), take the piracy pinch like a man, or develop your own.

Well, I don't know, I'm guessing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...