Hacking Will Acekard 2i let me play these?

CuNaMo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I recently bought a DSi XL and so I need a new flashcard. Previously I was using an R4 clone that worked perfectly for any game that I needed (on DS Lite). Having looked around, especially here, I have since discovered that the R4 line of cards are obsolete. So I am primarily looking at two cards right now: the Acekard 2i and the Supercard DSTWO. However, there are some specific games that I need to be able to play, and since this is the acekard forum I will just ask about the first and then make a similar post in the supercard forum.

Will the Acekard 2i allow me to play these?

Pokemon Heart-gold and Soul-silver
Alice in Wonderland
Sonic Classic Collection
Jump Ultimate Stars (IMPORTANT!)
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Looking around I have found that these games have given a lot of people trouble. So I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if an Acekard 2i would play these games? Please clarify as well if all functions of the games work (like WiFi for jump ultimate stars for example). I am especially concerned about Jump Ultimate Stars because the only way to play it is with a flashcard. Thank you for your help!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe they all work, and over WiFi. I think some were having issues with one Alice in Wonderland releases but not the other (you have the US and European release). I think that may have been with AKAIO 1.6RC2 though, either way you will be able to play alice.

edit: It appears AKAIO 1.7 is still having issues with Alice.

Ultimate Jump starts seems fine as far as I can tell, it entered a 4 player WiFi match. My Japanese isn't good.

CuNaMo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
I believe they all work, and over WiFi. I think some were having issues with one Alice in Wonderland releases but not the other (you have the US and European release). I think that may have been with AKAIO 1.6RC2 though, either way you will be able to play alice.

edit: It appears AKAIO 1.7 is still having issues with Alice.

Dang! Thanks for the fast reply! Have you played most of these games on it? I'm just a little worried about Jump Ultimate Stars. Thanks again!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your edit! LOL I'm sure if the JP version works than the ENG patched will also. Thank you again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.