Hacking Will a faster SD card make my dstwo faster?

pikanag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a 16 gb class 4 kingston microSD card for my ds two.
I was wondering if I got a class 10, would it speed up my dstwo?
like right now when i use TempGBA, Gameyob, and ds games, they all run at very smooth 60 frames.
however, when i use my catsfc emulator, the games run very slow. even at the best settings. for example, when i play a link to the past or super mario allstars, i can barely get 20-30 frames per second.
is there anyway to improve this?
if i were to get a class 10 or better microsd card, would it increase the catsfc emulator?

i am on the latest dstwo firmware and i play on my 3ds xl verison 7.0

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently have a 16 gb class 4 kingston microSD card for my ds two.
I was wondering if I got a class 10, would it speed up my dstwo?
like right now when i use TempGBA, Gameyob, and ds games, they all run at very smooth 60 frames.
however, when i use my catsfc emulator, the games run very slow. even at the best settings. for example, when i play a link to the past or super mario allstars, i can barely get 20-30 frames per second.
is there anyway to improve this?
if i were to get a class 10 or better microsd card, would it increase the catsfc emulator?

i am on the latest dstwo firmware and i play on my 3ds xl verison 7.0
I doubt it, as far as I know those emulators copy the ROM file into the DSTWO's RAM, so I don't believe it would become any faster. Even a task like running ds2compress wouldn't be sped up, as it's not trying to write that fast. I can't think of benefit on the DSTWO of having a class 10, however, it does much copying files (especially multiple files, i.e. a visual novel) over much faster.

Also, play A Link to the Past in tempGBA for better performance. CATSFC can be slow regardless, as SNES games can be rather difficult to emulate.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The DS itself is the bottleneck for the emulators.
Sometimes DS games won't run smoothly on flashcards and the cause can be a slow sd card, but in 99% of the cases a class 4 will be more than enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum