Will a DLC.cia file work with a 3DS game cartridge ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aesus, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Aesus
    OP

Aesus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    Let's say you're using rxTools 2.6 with this firmware: RX3D 10.3.0-28U.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Yeah.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes, as long as the game and DLC are the same region as your 3DS. Out of region DLC doesn't work with CFW yet.

4. Aesus
    OP

Aesus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2015
    Thanks for the conformation and info guys :)

5. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    Update cia has to be of same region as the 3ds gamecart/3ds file/cia file game you got. After the update cia installed when you play the game it should be able to detect it.

For cia game make sure the game cia is unmodified one, no region-patched/regionfree one.

6. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Not exactly true. You just have to launch BootNTR and have the language plugin configured for the game with the DLC. For example, I have the Japanese language plugin configured for Taiko no Tatsujin and I can see all of the DLC music just fine using rxtools + BootNTR.

With a Gateway, it will just work, but you may need to install the .dlc using devmenu (not BBM or FBI).

Last edited by urherenow, Dec 15, 2015
    leonmagnus99 likes this.
  7. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    hey bro! i have the same game as you, taiko no tatsujin and i have both gw nand and rx nand i prefer the cfw over my gw card.. so I've moved onto using rxtools, what's that bootntr? is it the boot manager where you can choose what you wanna boot into e.g (rxtools/homebrewmenu etc.)?

as i would like to have my dlc appear in cfw too! would be sweet :) , i don't see my Dragon Quest Theatrhythm dlc either, how can i configure the japanese plugin thingie..?

8. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases -> You need the ntr.bin from the zip AND install the .cia

Then you need to configure the language plugin for the game (using the Japanese Plugin, of course) -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-language-emulation-plugin-for-ntr-1-0-2-2.386543/

leonmagnus99 likes this.