Homebrew will a 4gb sd card suffice? (installing a9lh)

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Since my Computer doesn't like reading my larger size micro SD cards when formatted as FAT32 unless its though the system settings wireless SD reader thing, I may have to install a9lh on a smaller SD card too! Then just copy over the resulting important folders over to the larger card when installation is complete!

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4gb will suffice for the actual install, but you'll more likely than not want to upgrade as soon as possible, as you'll be fairly limited to what you can do with a 4gb card...

gbands

Trophies
XP
Country
Then just copy over the resulting important folders over to the larger card when installation is complete!

So a copy paste of all the files will be enough? no need to do anything extra like rehacking the 3ds or something?

I'm also stuck with a 4gb for now till I have enough funds.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a copy paste of all the files will be enough? no need to do anything extra like rehacking the 3ds or something?

I'm also stuck with a 4gb for now till I have enough funds.
Copy/paste is all that's needed, assuming you're not using EmuNAND.

holofonoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm going to be installing a9lh on my cousins 2ds's tomorrow and, I want to know if their 4gb sd card that came with their systems will suffice for installing a9lh??

YES, I did it yesterday, and I never missed the space, even with the files9 folder and my NAND Backup
Go for it, man

gbands

Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming you mean https://3ds.guide/ , that's SysNAND.

yea, I used that one. many thanks :)

If you don't mind me asking, I hacked my o3dsxl but since I did it with no problems, I'm planning to hack my n3dsxl as well. I do have a 64gb micro sd card and an adapter, is it possible to interchange this card for use on both devices with the same content?

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you don't mind me asking, I hacked my o3dsxl but since I did it with no problems, I'm planning to hack my n3dsxl as well. I do have a 64gb micro sd card and an adapter, is it possible to interchange this card for use on both devices with the same content?
not 100% sure, but if you do, do NOT get the NAND backups mixed up...

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There was an attempt to do that called 0-key movable.sed, but it's risky and I'm not sure how far it's progressed. In general, you'll want each device to have its own card. I have a SanDisk 64 GB Micro SDXC in my New 3DS XL (and the 32 GB version with adapter in my brother's Old 3DS XL), and it works well. The 64 GB version is currently $19.50.

Reactions: gbands

Intragroove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually prefer to use a 4gb card since I like to check the card for errors using H2testw, and it's much quicker to do with a smaller card.
Edit: Of course I recommend upgrading to a larger card once you install a9lh.

Last edited by Intragroove,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr