Hacking Will a 4GB Sandisk Class 4 play castlevania ok ?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Sandisk class 2 4GB SDHC lags TERRIBLY on the DOS and freezes a lot on POR in my Acekard RPG, haven't tried it in the CycloDS but I should expect the same will happen..

The class 4 should probably be more reliable. According to Wikipedia they're twice as fast as the class 2

cippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I purchased a Japanese Kingston 4 gig (class 4) card off ebay and haven't had any lag/freeze problems playing POR. Sandisk's are generally poor when it comes to random access timings. There are a couple threads over at the cyclods forums discussing this. Might be worth checking out.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
realhotstuff.com,
they test every unit before shipping(u dont get DoA, and less chance of getting a faulty card),im in portugal, so they cheap international and all for 120€(2units+2GB Kingston JAP microSD)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have the M3 Real with a 6gb Sandisk class 4 and its absolutely fine. Portait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow both superb. Only about a quarter of the way through POR but not had a crash yet

coops024

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

EDALBNUG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was eyeing for an SDHC initially, but ended up getting 2 regular 2GB Kingston microSDs. I ran some quick speed tests with it and found that while the one made in Taiwan was slower, it was something around 19MB/s of transfer rate, while the Japanese one topped off at aroudn 20MB/s. My brother had a Sandisk 2GB microSD and that card had a laughable transfer speed of 8.x MB/s. I ran into lots of freezes with the sandisk one, maybe 1 or 2 freezes with the TW Kingston, and zero freeze for the JP Kingston. The random access time for all 3 card was 0.1ms. So I don't think the random access time makes a difference, but the transfer rate does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just get the entire library it's like 4gb