Will 3DS roms be widespread available in the near future?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bridgeman, May 22, 2013.

1. Bridgeman
    OP

Bridgeman Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I want to buy a 3DS XL. At first, I assumed all the games were available on the internet and I could just put them on my Supercard DS Two. After some research however I realized my folly and learned that currently there is no flashcard that can play 3DS roms, and that 3DS roms aren't even widely available.

So my question is, is this going to happen? Do you foresee it happening in the near future? Because if so, I will hold off until then. But if not, I might buy a 3DS XL soon and just buy games normally.

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    theres 240 3DS roms and there not hiding about the net

unlikely to happen anytime soon maybe not even ever, people still havnt got a Vita hacked fully yet

if someone has a time machine that would be great

SuzieJoeBob and SignZ like this.
  3. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    My crystal ball predicts that you will meet a tall dark stranger. And a hacked 3DS some time in the next 10 years, maybe next week, maybe Christmas 2017. Nobody knows, many people wildly guess.
    Oh and as said above, ROMs are floating around, but there is no way to play them.

SuzieJoeBob likes this.
  4. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    It will be hacked on a Thursday. The tricky part is which Thursday:)

In all seriousness, if there are games you want to play now, get it now. You can get a lot of great games for cheap right now.

5. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    I'd also recommend getting the systzem now, there are many great games coming out the last and next few months and the earlier games can be had pretty cheap. I think now is a great time to have a 3DS, and I love the screens of the XL.

6. Bridgeman
    OP

Bridgeman Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Where are these cheap games? Super Mario 3D Land is still 45 euros, as are all of the other first party games. Aside from that there's not much of a selection.

7. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    I can't speak for Europe, but in the US anyways there have been numerous sales. I can remember these below off hand just recently.

RE Revelations 10-15$
    Paper Mario 20$
    Kid Icarus 15$
    Kingdom Hearts 15$

Then TRU has buy 1 get 1 40% off a lot.

gamefan5 likes this.
  8. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    shopto.net does new ones and old ones at good prices normally

9. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    First party games always stay expensive, i.e. Amazon.de still wants 35 Euros for the DS launch game Super Mario 64 DS.
    Games get more cheap quickly in the US, which is why many people say games are cheap now. But I bought some cheap 3DS games at the local Toys 'R' Us Germany.
    I.e. Street Fighter 4 3D and Dead or Alive Dimensions for 10 Euros each, Resident Evil: Revelations for 15 or 20 (can't remember) and Starfox 64 3D for 20 Euros. And on Amazon there are some other cheap 3rd party games. I don't know if Toys 'R' Us in France is comparebly cheap (or even exists).

10. dragonmaster

dragonmaster THE WALKER

Sep 9, 2005
    Greece
    well to my regret i see no scene in the near future for 3ds to admit the truth i had high hopes but as i read on 3ds brew the 3ds exploit is only for reverse engineering so uselles for the ordinary user see here
    so no 3ds roms or homebrew...

11. stephysanrio

stephysanrio GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    United States
    Miami
    so when will a 3ds emulator/program/app be available for us to play on a pc at least? (not that im interested) but perhaps that could be the first step into hacking the 3ds who knows... I noticed 3ds game are way bigger on size too.

12. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    Here's the obligatory "Let me check my crystal ball." =___=

And emulators usually come hand in hand with hacking anyway. You need to know how the thing works to make an emulator. And you'd need to hack the 3DS to a certain extent to figure out all that (unless you are one of their software dev or something).

13. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Do you expect us to know the future?

Serious question here.

MegaBassBX and Thorhian like this.
  14. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Good working emulators should come way after hacking the console in question.
    Nice avatar picture by the way.

stephysanrio likes this.
  15. JamesWames

JamesWames Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2012
    I hope that a 3DS rom loader doesn't come anytime soon. I don't care at the end of a console's life cycle, but not when the console still has to make a profit. Pirates piss me off.

16. acevampire

acevampire Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2007
    United States
    I hope that a 3DS ROM loader will become available as soon as possible. Copyright advocates piss me off.

reaper527, unz, shango46 and 2 others like this.
  17. Deltaechoe

Deltaechoe The Dopefish

May 3, 2012
    United States
    So you have never pirated anything?
    ...bickering...

Anyway, the 3ds is "hacked" per se, but the exploits that are being used are not out in the wild, only a few people who actually do the work have access to that code (mainly because they're the ones who write it).

18. Thorhian

Thorhian My CPU's prefer Water

May 23, 2012
    United States
    Shazezar
    Ugh.... Another one...

/*breaking away before I rip someones head off*/

Anyways, Seriously, does this guy think we can predict the future?.... I wanna hear that response to Rydian XD

19. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    if a loader happens then 3rd party support will go and then Nintendo will go bankrupt

20. Carnivean

Carnivean STARMAN

Jul 11, 2006
    UK
    You are on a site that started as a rom hosting site. Here be pirates.

Just like the PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and DS then?

Oh wait.

tbgtbg likes this.