Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Overview
WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff.

Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded.

The military did not reveal how the Reuters staff were killed, and stated that they did not know how the children were injured.

After demands by Reuters, the incident was investigated and the U.S. military concluded that the actions of the soldiers were in accordance with the law of armed conflict and its own "Rules of Engagement".

Consequently, WikiLeaks has released the classified Rules of Engagement for 2006, 2007 and 2008, revealing these rules before, during, and after the killings.

WikiLeaks has released both the original 38 minutes video and a shorter version with an initial analysis. Subtitles have been added to both versions from the radio transmissions.

WikiLeaks obtained this video as well as supporting documents from a number of military whistleblowers. WikiLeaks goes to great lengths to verify the authenticity of the information it receives. We have analyzed the information about this incident from a variety of source material. We have spoken to witnesses and journalists directly involved in the incident.

WikiLeaks wants to ensure that all the leaked information it receives gets the attention it deserves. In this particular case, some of the people killed were journalists that were simply doing their jobs: putting their lives at risk in order to report on war. Iraq is a very dangerous place for journalists: from 2003- 2009, 139 journalists were killed while doing their work.

Short: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0
Full: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is9sxRfU-ik

http://collateralmurder.com

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Murder. Pure and simple. I'm getting so sick of American based on the actions of US murderers in uniform. I hope those helicopter shooters fucking die horrible deaths.
This.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thoob said:
That's just sick. How could they even think those people were armed?

It looks as though they mistook his camera equipment for weaponry.
Good lord.

It's really true..."Shoot first, ask questions later", makes me sick.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, while I have great respect for our military, and what they do, this is just fucking insane. There has got to be a way to kill the hostiles, and leave the damn civilians out of it!!!
mad.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Thoob said:
That's just sick. How could they even think those people were armed?

It looks as though they mistook his camera equipment for weaponry.
Good lord.

It's really true..."Shoot first, ask questions later", makes me sick.
you have a lot of people carrying shoulder straps which would like like assault rifles attached to it under those condition
and person leaning against the building looking down the street with a tube like device didnt help the situation

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Mistakes happen, that's just life.

But what really sickens me is that they tried to cover up the whole incident instead of just admitting their own mistakes.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to defend them for their killings but from the video it does look like weapons, maybe not an RPG but yes, it looks like it could of been potentially harmful.

Now instead of firing right off the bat they could of checked with something, binoculars or whatever they have...not something in black and white

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
I don't want to defend them for their killings but from the video it does look like weapons, maybe not an RPG but yes, it looks like it could of been potentially harmful.

Now instead of firing right off the bat they could of checked with something, binoculars or whatever they have...not something in black and white

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alight, one big thing that I've seen missing is that fact that they were already most likely looking for terrorists. So when they saw these guys on a crappy screen they fit the bill. Still, they should have checked a little better then that.

Then again, this is the same place that the dropped a 225-kg laser guided bombed from a F-16 on Canadian Forces back in 2002. Four Canadian soldiers died and wounded eight, they were just out for some exercise.

The US Army really needs to check better before they start shooting and bombing people. Too many lives have already been lost in this war, we don't need to add to that list.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
snip

...I hate you, Fox News.

Places like Fox News will literally look for anything death or gun related, mistake it for "something else", and slap some video game propaganda shit just to prove how it's the devil.

They'll literally shame not only the lives of the many people who died, but even the people who were doing the killing, just for their bullshit political agenda.

They take deaths, and use it as their weapon. Sounds a lot like the devil (or whatever you, the person reading this, believes in) to me.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudes, you gotta do what you gotta do out there. i don't agree with war, but if you decide to go, shoot every fucking thing in your way and take no mercy. hell even make them suffer. thats what war is. everyone likes to think it can be civilized but its WAR. kill or be killed. ftw and go crazy, you have every right. if you are risking your life to defend something, you will do what you have to do..

so ive seen it. is anyone forgetting the fact that these gentlemen WERE ARMED and FIRING. i can't stand propaganda, at least edit that part out to make it seem like you have an argument.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: