Hardware wiixplorer question

strict9gs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey peeps, im trying to hook my wii up to my FTP server on my pc(for possibly easier transfering of wad files) through wiixplorer r212* (newest), ive got all the settings set up for it in the "network settings/ftp client" to hook up to it, and when i go back to the main page of the GUI , i see where u click the sd card icon in the top left, it has "ftp1/", but nothing shows up when i click on it.......ive read on their project site that it needs IOS202 with base 38, instead of 57 like i have installed for WIIMC(which i dont need anymore since its use with IOS58), ........ok so ive downloaded hermes 222v4 installer which allows you to install IOS202 with base 38, but somewhere along the lines it fails.....is this because i dont have the base wad in my "root" folder of the sd card?......and if so how do i get it back, as i dont remember deleting it , or moving it anywhere.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just a suggestion, but try hermes v5 or v5.1 instead of v4

edit: hermes installers work differently, they use the 0000001 folder for offline installations instead of the wad on the root of the sd card like waninkoko's installers. If u use ModMii to download w/e base IOS u need, u can just turn on the option to save the 00000001 folder before downloading.

edit2: but if ur going to do that, u may as well just use ModMii's advanced download feature to build cIOS202v5[38], then just install it using a wad manager instead of the cIOS installer, but up 2 u

strict9gs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya i ended up getting the hermes 5.1 installer, and got it installed, but i went back to the wiixplorer, and its still not connecting to the server on my pc....if anyone has a way to help me through this it would be greatly appreciated

strict9gs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok , so im taking it, as there hasnt been any replies in a few days, that this is an impossible thing to do??.....if so oh well not a big thing, just thought it might make things easier for moving wiiware/VC games to the sd card

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you get more answers if you would post in the right forum? Dont see this is an hardware issue
wink.gif

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never tried connecting Wii with FTP server running on PC. However I did use WiiXplorer to run FTP server on the Wii and use FTP client (in this case just Windows Explorer) to transfer files both ways between Wii and PC. From time to time, I have got problems that somehow the FTP client cannot connect to the server. Therefore, nowadays I just set-up a shared folder (SMB) in my PC and then use SMB feature on the WiiXplorer to copy files between Wii and PC. This feature so far always works for me.

strict9gs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya i have it set up where i can start up the ftp server on the wii, and transfer from the pc to it, i just might have to do it that way thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16