WiiWares, PALs, Duplicate Channels and WHATNOT

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by chaofan, May 24, 2008.

May 24, 2008
  1. chaofan

Member chaofan GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2007
    Hey guys, I've searched through the entire forum (either that or I'm too lazy to go past 2 pages of threads [​IMG] ), and I haven't found what I'm looking for. U2 reference, yeh yeh. Anyways, here's the deal:

I've looked around the internet, searching far and wide for some WiiWare in wad format. Having found some, the next box to tick was the region they were from, and to my surprise, these WiiWare games were reportedly "region free". With this claim, I couldn't help but be a bit skeptical. How could WiiWare be region free? Apparently, there was a program to make this happen on GBAtemp, but either I suck at using the search or it's not here at all.

Alrighty, let's answer question 1 for example's sake, and say they are region free. A few people have also said that installing these "region free" WiiWare files on a PAL system would create Duplicate Channels for the Wii. Nothing to get a heart attack over, just use the Dupe Channel remover (BTW, the link for v2 is down). But I would rather try to avoid it than to have to jump straight into the fire. Can anyone confirm this: Does installing these "region free" WiiWare games duplicate the Wii Channels?

And lastly, there were some reports of a few glitches and stuff for FFCC. Any news on that? How about these supposed "region free" FFCC? Apparently the one floating around the internet is Japanese, but to my memory it's been released for the US?

Any answers are appreciated and as always, if this thread breaches any rules feel free to close/move it, mods. [​IMG] Thanks!

EDIT: Heh, I do suck at searching. Just found freethewads, but I've already downloaded the "region free" wad files. Heh.