Wiiware & Virtual Console Forwarders?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LxTrix, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009
  1. LxTrix
    OP

Member LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are there forwarders for the wiiware titles and virtual console titles so you can have them on an sd card?

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Just get Waninkokos 4.0.

3. penetr8or

Member penetr8or Advanced Member

Denmark
    If there was somehow a way to burn wiiware and vc titles to disc, you should also be able to install them on USBLoader..
    I just remembered someone saying this was possible a while back.. Can't seem to find it now, though

4. beegee7730

United Kingdom
    Its not.

5. LxTrix
    OP

Member LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    are vc and wiiware forwarders possible?

6. beegee7730

United Kingdom
  7. Dj_Qbert

Newcomer Dj_Qbert Advanced Member

Canada
    Beegee is right just update through Waninkoko's updater to 4.0 and you should be able to run all your virtual console games off the SD card.

8. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    there was but you couldn't save so it was pretty pointless

9. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    These CAN be put on DVD several different ways, SSBB being the most documented and tested. But they will not save, cause random crashes and lock up the Wii etc so FULL of bugs.
    Also there was many problems getting them to save (I don't think anyone managed this).

So most people trying gave up I believe on the DVD idea.

As for running from HDD etc, this may become realised in a few months down the line, but I know of only a couple of coders with the skill/patience to do this, and they seem to be involved in soooo many things that this would be way down on their "to do" list. It would probably be similar to Nintendos SD solution, EG copy to NAND to run, but would allow people without large enough SD cards to not need to "juggle" etc.

Now a forwarder idea is kinda new, and in theory if the wads were unpacked to say a USB HDD it could work, in theory. But who would have the time and skill to do this? Some would say waninkoko, I'd agree he probably could get this done, but he has so many things cooking just now that I doubt he would have time himself to start another new project for some time.

10. penetr8or

Member penetr8or Advanced Member

Denmark
    Yeah I agree.. Let this rest for a while.
    Maybe someone will find a way in a few months..

And maybe someone will also find a way to expand the amount of pages in the SD Menu, so you'd actually be able to fill a 4gb SD card.. I only got 1 page left now.. and I've used hardly 2GB

----

I'd say.. What Nintendo should have done with the SD Menu wasto let you have different "groups" you could define (add, remove, rename)
    Each would have 20-40 pages.

Then you could have N64 games in one group, Wiiware in another, forwarders for USBLoader games in yet another..
    You could switch between the groups with the D-pad one and down, or maybe 1 and 2

But no reason to suggest that to Nintendo.. I already did suggest this for the System Menu long before the SD Menu was even announced.. Along with suggestion about adding some way of running downloaded games from SD, and they kinda did that.
    But they never responded to my suggestion, so I don't know if they even read it.
    This was, I have to say, before they stopped accepting suggestions via mail. The suggestion I sent them after they stopped accepting suggestions did receive a "Thank you for your suggestion, we'll forward it to the proper recipient. Sounds great!" (I h can't remember what I suggested.. This was almost 3 months ago!)

Alright, I've kinda strayed off topic here.. Sorry about that