Hacking WiiWare / VC, having trouble launching with USB Loader GX and neek2o

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Would you believe I figured all this out on my own before your post? ;-)
Oh, you just figured it out before I said it? even though I repeated it dozen times on last 5 pages?
I said it many times to put uneek kernel on usb and sneek kernel on SD, but you always decided to not follow what I said and delete the SD folder! I even thought you didn't understood, and repeated again, but you kept saying that you understood but it was just misinterpretation due to barrier language ;)
well, the important is that know you did what I said and understood what you had to do.

Is Neek considered a "universal solution"? Out of curiosity, in my latest test, I successfully launched Art of Fighting with UGX / cIOS. I then tried launching it from the Neek System Menu but got a black screen.
I didn't test Castlevania Rebirth with Neek System Menu yet but I think that will answer my question.
No, neek is not a universal solution, nor a miracle solution to get all games working. Again, I repeated it many times (in many threads) : Need DOES NOT HAVE 100% COMPATIBILITY !
Neek is not recommended, neek is slow and hard to setup and requires specific specs, neek is not supposed to be used as main console daily usage, and not all games are compatible.

my wads not in order because of 4 characters is following by next files like WWRX, WXTZ no name of wads show so should i rename it on wad file or make new folder just like WBFS file or what??
if they appear as TitleID4 in the loader, you either miss TitleDB (wiitdb.xml), or they are not part of it.
you can't rename the TitleID (it's internal in the wad code), but you can rename the game (in the loader) or rename the title (in wiitdb.xml).

Last edited by Cyan,

NJBoss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you just figured it out before I said it? even though I repeated it dozen times on last 5 pages?
I said it many times to put uneek kernel on usb and sneek kernel on SD, but you always decided to not follow what I said and delete the SD folder! I even thought you didn't understood, and repeated again, but you kept saying that you understood but it was just misinterpretation due to barrier language ;)
well, the important is that know you did what I said and understood what you had to do.

LMAO, YUP!! :rofl2:

No, neek is not a universal solution, nor a miracle solution to get all games working. Again, I repeated it many times (in many threads) : Need DOES NOT HAVE 100% COMPATIBILITY !
Neek is not recommended, neek is slow and hard to setup and requires specific specs, neek is not supposed to be used as main console daily usage, and not all games are compatible.

^ This quote should appear as Google search top result. ;-)
I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks for confirming!

I will continue testing other WADs as cIOS. Small batches installed at a time, not hundreds. Cheers!

Reactions: Cyan

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if they appear as TitleID4 in the loader, you either miss TitleDB (wiitdb.xml), or they are not part of it.
you can't rename the TitleID (it's internal in the wad code), but you can rename the game (in the loader) or rename the title (in wiitdb.xml).
How do I open the .xml with?? Notepad++?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) go to
settings > update > Wiitdb (or gametdb, I forgot the name we used here).

2) then go to :
settings > features > use gametdb : enabled

reboot, all your games should now use their proper titles :)
you'll encounter an issue with few games :
- channels installed on real NAND might have their TitleID4 instead of proper titles, and they will not have their real "control parental value" loaded from wiitdb (the channels are loaded at loader's launch, before wiitdb, so their info are not linked to that database)
- games not in wiitdb (user injected channels, though a lot are included in the database even if not officially released)
- Ōkami, because the first letter is not a O but a Ō, so it's located at the end of the list when alphabetically sorted, and you might miss that letter if you use system font, so it's displayed "Kami" only and after "Z" games. to fix it, like I said : either rename the title from inside the loader or edit the wiitdb.xml (notepad++).
if you want to rename the game internally in the loader, it'll not edit the real game's title inside the ISO, it's only the way you want to see that title inside the loader. there's a bug and it's not always remembered, so I recommend editing the xml instead.
but just for the info, here how you do it :

settings > gui settings > game windows > banner on channel layout
go to any view other than "animated banner" (list layout, carousel layout, wall layout) > select the game > click on the title at the top of the rotating disc window and choose a new name. reboot the loader, or go/exit to settings to force a refresh.
user's title has priority over wiitdb title, but sometime wiitdb is loaded later and overwrite user's title info so it's lost.

Last edited by Cyan,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) go to
settings > update > Wiitdb (or gametdb, I forgot the name we used here).

2) then go to :
settings > features > use gametdb : enabled

reboot, all your games should now use their proper titles :)
you'll encounter an issue with few games :
- channels installed on real NAND might have their TitleID4 instead of proper titles, and they will not have their real "control parental value" loaded from wiitdb (the channels are loaded at loader's launch, before wiitdb, so their info are not linked to that database)
- games not in wiitdb (user injected channels, though a lot are included in the database even if not officially released)
- Ōkami, because the first letter is not a O but a Ō, so it's located at the end of the list when alphabetically sorted, and you might miss that letter if you use system font, so it's displayed "Kami" only and after "Z" games. to fix it, like I said : either rename the title from inside the loader or edit the wiitdb.xml (notepad++).
if you want to rename the game internally in the loader, it'll not edit the real game's title inside the ISO, it's only the way you want to see that title inside the loader. there's a bug and it's not always remembered, so I recommend editing the xml instead.
but just for the info, here how you do it :

settings > gui settings > game windows > banner on channel layout
go to any view other than "animated banner" (list layout, carousel layout, wall layout) > select the game > click on the title at the top of the rotating disc window and choose a new name. reboot the loader, or go/exit to settings to force a refresh.
user's title has priority over wiitdb title, but sometime wiitdb is loaded later and overwrite user's title info so it's lost.
Thanks it took me 5 years to figure it out duh! HAHAHA Hate to say that. Im more happier than happy that I didnt give up struggle the issues with WiiWares. Thank you again Cyan

Reactions: Cyan and NJBoss

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
With wiitdb.xml you unlocked other features :

-game box info (press 1 or 2 on the wiimote while being over a game) to open the game info. you'll get the official game's box description in your own language and all the details (wiimote, wheel, number of player, parental level, etc.). I think you need to press a button to switch game info and game's accessories.
-with the "number of player" info, you can now also sort games based on that info (the 2 player icon, next to favorite star icon).
-with parental level, you can hide/lock games if you have kids, without having to set the parental value one by one for each game.
-with game category, you can now filter games based on their categories stored in wiitdb. all RPG have the "RPG tag", all games have their tags : fighting game, plateformer, etc.
if you want to use that info, go to features > import categories.
it'll copy all games categories from wiitdb into usbloadergx category file. then you can access the category list from the desk icon and filter as you want.
if you use it, I recommend you read more to learn how the category filtering is working.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never knew that til you mention it Im Loving your USB Loader-GX than WiiFlow because one problem with WiiFlow shows Disc 1 and 2. USB Loader-GX only show Single Game without showing Disc 1 and 2.

NJBoss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curious how many can u install the wads at once??

I don't have an "official" answer for that but, using the install WADs by folder feature, I installed 700+ in one pass.
*** I really believe having this many WADs is partially the cause of my problems. I don't have a scientific reason for that besides that I've noticed better / stable game launching when less WADs are installed. ***

Funny. I got 2 Fast 4 Gnomz to launch from UGX / cIOS. But, froze up on in-game loading screen. Got past creating a save file and first cut scene!

Tried a few others that are running well under cIOS. 1080 Snowboarding went to black screen with Neek autoboot set though. *** EDIT - BECAUSE OF USER STUPIDITY. It works fine under cIOS. ***
Going to keep testing. Cheers!

Last edited by NJBoss,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
U have a maximum of 47 or 48 Channel Space if remove Disc Channel via EmuNand Wii Menu.

USB LOADER GX works best but on SD it dont want to run for me Neek that is even neek2o and postloader only got USB HDD to Boot.

SD Nand Booted once and never again damn strange it can also take upto 15 Mins or more first Boot it basically like first time setup Wii but very slow at Booting and you will need to sync your Wiimote.

UNeek best way to go no probs.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have an "official" answer for that but, using the install WADs by folder feature, I installed 700+ in one pass.
*** I really believe having this many WADs is partially the cause of my problems. I don't have a scientific reason for that besides that I've noticed better / stable game launching when less WADs are installed. ***

Funny. I got 2 Fast 4 Gnomz to launch from UGX / cIOS. But, froze up on in-game loading screen. Got past creating a save file and first cut scene!

Tried a few others that are running well under cIOS. 1080 Snowboarding went to black screen with Neek autoboot set though. Whatever, going to keep testing. Cheers!
Good to know I have installed single file wads not all at once just like the Wup installer on Wii U Thanks for the info

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's no limit of wad to install in batch, but you risk having a bad wad which crash/freeze/mess the emuNAND without knowing which one it is.
if one of the wad is corrupting the emuNAND, you'll have to start fresh again, and cut your wads list in half and try again to see in which half is located the bad wad (and that's only if there's only one bad wad, maybe there are more in both half).

I recommend doing small batches (like 100 at a time maybe?)

neither USBGX nor the Wii have a game limit (except the partition size can't exceed 2TB), but if you launch the menu (from neek) then you can only see the first 48 installed channels. if you plan to use neek's system menu interface, you can install Snort first (before the wad batches) so it's located on the system menu. with it, you can sort /reorder channels to choose which one you want to see on system menu.
But, you can also use the hidden Neek's game launch menu to select the channel you want to launch from neek, even hidden ones.

The easiest is to just use USBGX's neek autoboot feature instead of neek's system menu interface to launch a channel.

Last edited by Cyan,

NJBoss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no limit of wad to install in batch, but you risk having a bad wad which crash/freeze/mess the emuNAND without knowing which one it is.
if one of the wad is corrupting the emuNAND, you'll have to start fresh again, and cut your wads list in half and try again to see in which half is located the bad wad (and that's only if there's only one bad wad, maybe there are more in both half).

I recommend doing small batches (like 100 at a time maybe?)

The easiest is to just use USBGX's neek autoboot feature instead of neek's system menu interface to launch a channel.

^ OMFG, all of this! Yes!

Eventually, I'm going to edit the first post in this thread to save others the effort of reading through all of this.

As it turns out, my "solution" has been pretty simple stuff after much trial-and-error. Back later with consolidated summary. Thanks @Cyan !

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan I installed the wiiware on SD nand from the Wii and i tested to play on vWii and will not play but can see the titles on usb loader gx. Does it mean i have to install the Wiiware again on vWii or am i missing some ios to make vWii run again? Thank u if im not too much to ask.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you have to redump your NAND.
Wii NAND and vWii NAND are different, vWii has an additional encryption layer.
so, yes, you'll have to redump, and reinstall the channels. but if you want, you can use ShowMiiWads in "showmiinand" mode, or use SavegameManagerGX, to backup/restore savegames in batch.

Reactions: NJBoss

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to redump your NAND.
Wii NAND and vWii NAND are different, vWii has an additional encryption layer.
so, yes, you'll have to redump, and reinstall the channels. but if you want, you can use ShowMiiWads in "showmiinand" mode, or use SavegameManagerGX, to backup/restore savegames in batch.
I have dumped the nand vwii and re-installed the wiiware again it not loading and returned to usb loader-gx i might not have installed right ios but the gamecube or Wii games runs fine on usb loader-gx ill check back later thanks again. im feeling like im square 2 back again same experenice on Wii system

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
gamecube doesn't use cIOS at all, it works with IOS58.
if wii games are working, it means you installed cIOS, but maybe not the good version ?

you need d2x v10 r52 because v10 r53 has issues with emuNAND.
if you ever hide your HDD with USealth, then you need a modded version of r52 with hidden HDD support for emuNAND. sorry my full pack for vWii doesn't have that version, it was released later.
I think that might be your issue, so just go to ustealth's thread, bottom of the first post, look for the link for modded d2x, replace fat file on your SD card and reinstall d2x.

Last edited by Cyan,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamecube doesn't use cIOS at all, it works with IOS58.
if wii games are working, it means you installed cIOS, but maybe not the good version ?

you need d2x v10 r52 because v10 r53 has issues with emuNAND.
if you ever hide your HDD with USealth, then you need a modded version of r52 with hidden HDD support for emuNAND. sorry my full pack for vWii doesn't have that version, it was released later.
I think that might be your issue, so just go to ustealth's thread, bottom of the first post, look for the link for modded d2x, replace fat file on your SD card and reinstall d2x.
they r on fat32 200 GB and i found d2x-v10-beta52-vWii.zip and will install it but it is beta ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
before installing random things from random places on internet, check what you already have.
run syscheck (from my signature) and post result here. no need to reinstall if you already have it.

yes, it's "beta". the last final version is v8 (for Wii)
the vWii version was released as beta, because it wasn't tested extensively, and the beta r53 is bad, don't use it. it's not because it's newer that it's better.
but first, check which one you have and wait for my instruction ! don't reinstall yet.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg