Homebrew Wiiware, VC and Homebrew Forwarder ISO's

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Jiiwah said:
Yes, I already tried that by changing 0x00000000 ID channel to my own game ID, but I can't make the DOL work.

After compiled the DOL file, I have some basic questions:

- Where do I put that DOL file? I tried to lauch it from channel forwarder but that doesn't work.
- My game is actually dumped in "title" and "ticket" folders in my USB device (FAT)... is that correct?
- All the Wiiware/VC games come in WAD file format... how can I install it into the device?
- Do they work on WBFS or FAT filesystem?

Please, light me up
unsure.gif
!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wichoxp said:
Jiiwah said:
Yes, I already tried that by changing 0x00000000 ID channel to my own game ID, but I can't make the DOL work.

- Where do I put that DOL file? I tried to lauch it from channel forwarder but that doesn't work.
- My game is actually dumped in "title" and "ticket" folders in my USB device (FAT)... is that correct?
- All the Wiiware/VC games come in WAD file format... how can I install it into the device?

Please, light me up
unsure.gif
!

Complete guide to getting a successful NAND dump to use these VC/WW ISO's
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/triiforce

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
Why do you guys keep ignoring me? Do the forwarders for VC/WW forward to USB at all? Or SD?

ive quoted myself for your convenience

QUOTEHeres my .ISO Forwarders - Remember you MUST have the extracted .WAD file on the USB NAND to use WW/VC forwarders or you will get a ticket error and then a codedump. To extract .WAD files for use with these ISO's/Triiforce use either WADtoNAND or ShowmiiWADs. You are also required to have the "common-key/and nand-key" in each of the apps folder to successfully extract .WAD files and to also read NAND dumps

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
G2K said:
Why do you guys keep ignoring me? Do the forwarders for VC/WW forward to USB at all? Or SD?

ive quoted myself for your convenience

QUOTEHeres my .ISO Forwarders - Remember you MUST have the extracted .WAD file on the USB NAND to use WW/VC forwarders or you will get a ticket error and then a codedump. To extract .WAD files for use with these ISO's/Triiforce use either WADtoNAND or ShowmiiWADs. You are also required to have the "common-key/and nand-key" in each of the apps folder to successfully extract .WAD files and to also read NAND dumps

But I've got them there and I still get the ticket error and codedump. What's wrong?

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
pepxl said:
wichoxp said:
Jiiwah said:

Please, light me up
unsure.gif
!

Thanks, but I guess you don't understood my question:

Is there a possibility to make forwarders that uses "REAL NAND" (internal nand) to load WiiWare or Virtual Console games stored in USB (external) devices
blink.gif
?

Actually, Triiforce uses "SD NAND" or "USB NAND" if you have the games in one of those devices. There's no way to select "REAL NAND" to use games stored in USB or SD devices
unsure.gif

If you could use the REAL NAND for games stored in USB device, you will be able to play online, save games on "wii save menu" and it will be more stable than current SD or USB NANDs.

So, can this be possible to made for a forwarder
blink.gif
?

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wichoxp said:
pepxl said:
wichoxp said:
Jiiwah said:

Please, light me up
unsure.gif
!

Thanks, but I guess you don't understood my question:

Is there a possibility to make forwarders that uses "REAL NAND" (internal nand) to load WiiWare or Virtual Console games stored in USB (external) devices
blink.gif
?

Actually, Triiforce uses "SD NAND" or "USB NAND" if you have the games in one of those devices. There's no way to select "REAL NAND" to use games stored in USB or SD devices
unsure.gif

If you could use the REAL NAND for games stored in USB device, you will be able to play online, save games on "wii save menu" and it will be more stable than current SD or USB NANDs.

So, can this be possible to made for a forwarder
blink.gif
?
That's not possible. The NAND is the memory of the Wii, and can only launch things in it's memory, which is why it needs to copy things to the NAND from SD if using the SD menu. The USB and SD NANDs are virtual copies of this NAND, made so the memory can be bigger. The only way to use real NAND would be to copy it there first, which, AFAIK, isn't possible right now.

Also, if it helps for anyone to help me with my error, I get ret=-1 (which isn't that helpful
tongue.gif
). The TMD cannot be read, and the dol cannot be loaded. Trying in the actual Triiforce program tells me it couldn't get the title list (or something... I can't remember exactly.). Can Triiforce use a NTFS drive? Because that's what I'm using, and I think it might need to be Fat.

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G2K said:
Also, if it helps for anyone to help me with my error, I get ret=-1 (which isn't that helpful
tongue.gif
). The TMD cannot be read, and the dol cannot be loaded. Trying in the actual Triiforce program tells me it couldn't get the title list (or something... I can't remember exactly.). Can Triiforce use a NTFS drive? Because that's what I'm using, and I think it might need to be Fat.

Pretty sure TriiForce is picky about the drive type that it boots from.
I seem to remember having to have the 1st partition (physically) set to active,
as well as being FAT32 and a primary partition in order to get Triiforce to work (as well as many other apps).
Of course now I use the Configurable USB loader which uses FAT32 to stores its ISO's,
so I only need one FAT32 partition which stores everything from USB Nand WiiWare to game ISO's.

Work on getting Triiforce working, when that's running fine - use the ISO forwarders.

Also I never got the original Triiforce working, because I tried the GUI mod next, and that worked right out of the box.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ticket errors indicate the extracted .WAD(title, ticket folders) isnt on the USB drive(FAT32). once youve extracted the WAD you shold have 2 folders title and ticket, simply copy these 2 folders to the root of the USB and overwrite..... if your using the Triiforce app and want an SD NAND you can copy the folders from the USB root to the SD root and point Triiforce there instead, but thats ONLY for Triiforce and not these ISO's which look on the USB and NOT SD

you should have several folders on the root os the USB drive:

import
meta
shared1
shared2
sys
ticket
title

if you have the needed folders then you must be using the wrong(patched) region VC/WW .WAD file

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Jiiwah said:
And for my ES_Identify error, no answer ?? I despair.

sounds like you need a patched IOS, preloader has/had the same problem with the error when using a non patched IOS when installing, well the older revs did before they removed the need for it

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
slayer080 said:
by the way just so you know, rev 15 for some reason doesnt work with usb nand triiforce. so i had to revert to rev 14 and its cool now.
That's an issue from Triiforce loader (not cIOS issue).

You can use Triiforce mrc v7 (HB app) or CrapTriiforce mod v2.2 (channel forwarder loader) if you have cIOS38 rev15 installed.

Links:
Triiforce mrc v7:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184...t&p=2315876
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184...t&p=2392356 (greenscreen fix)

CrapTriiforce mod v.2.2:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151...t&p=2392308

See ya
cool.gif
!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
@ sr_corsario

anyway you can make a bat for the new craploader 2.2 by wichoxp with added green screen fix and ocarina?

thanbks

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
slayer080 said:
by the way just so you know, rev 15 for some reason doesnt work with usb nand triiforce. so i had to revert to rev 14 and its cool now.

You can use Triiforce mrc v7 (HB app) or CrapTriiforce mod v2.2 (channel forwarder loader) if you have cIOS38 rev15 installed.

Links:
Triiforce mrc v7:

CrapTriiforce mod v.2.2:

See ya
cool.gif
!

Sigh!!!.... Ok so our previous ISO forwarders don't work now on rev 15 .

So what do we do, continue making ISO's for Rev 14, or update them all...,
or leave them as they are and do all the rest from now for rev 15 (don't know if this is backwardly compatible with rev 14 though).

What's the general consensus?

*edit*
Thanks wichoxp - CrapTriiforce mod v2.2 works great

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
@ sr_corsario

anyway you can make a bat for the new craploader 2.2 by wichoxp with added green screen fix and ocarina?

thanbks

Yes, of course, but you can do it yourself. Just need to change the offset to cut. (where the ID is)

Any way, if noone do it, i will do it tomorow.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
TinyBilbo said:
That's right (it's not my fault. Triiforce's fault over a logical IF expression wrong made)
rolleyes.gif
! ...

QUOTESo what do we do, continue making ISO's for Rev 14, or update them all...,
or leave them as they are and do all the rest from now for rev 15 (don't know if this is backwardly compatible with rev 14 though).
Just update them. New CrapTriiforce mod v2.2 is fully compatible with rev14/rev15 and it's supposed to be compatible for future releases if were done (rev16, rev17, etc)...

See ya
toot.gif
!

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
TinyBilbo said:
That's right (it's not my fault. Triiforce's fault over a logical IF expression wrong made)
rolleyes.gif
! ...

QUOTESo what do we do, continue making ISO's for Rev 14, or update them all...,
Just update them. New CrapTriiforce mod v2.2 is fully compatible with rev14/rev15 and it's supposed to be compatible for future releases if were done (rev16, rev17, etc)...

See ya
toot.gif
!

Thanks for letting us know about the compatibilty (and for the future)
My "sigh" was'nt aimed at you... (I know it's not your fault
smile.gif
).
I was just sighing 'cos I gotta redo my ISO's.
I've already done a couple of ISO's with the new CrapTriiforce mod and it works great - so thanks again.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wichoxp said:
slayer080 said:

Links:
Triiforce mrc v7:

CrapTriiforce mod v.2.2:

See ya
cool.gif
!

what libogc are you using to compile, i get this when compling or is it mormal?

CODE
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c: In function 'parseConfiguration':
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c:49: warning: implicit declaration of function 'atoi'
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c:55: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strcpy'
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c:55: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strcpy'
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c: In function 'ci':
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c:10: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
pepxl said:
what libogc are you using to compile, i get this when compling or is it mormal?

Code:
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c: In function 'parseConfiguration':
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c:49: warning: implicit declaration of function 'atoi'
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c:55: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strcpy'
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c:55: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strcpy'
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c: In function 'ci':
c:/projects/Craptriiforcemodv22/source/crapconfig.c:10: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
All those warnings come inside the original CrapTriiforce. I already saw them since the first time working with it.
Don't worry about that... just worry about it compiles fine.

By the way, I'm using latest libogc (1.8.0) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/

See ya
gba.gif
!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free