WiiWare Sales Up 30% in 2009

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004

Well done to 2D Boy! Nice to see it do well on WiiWare even thought a massive amount of people pirated it on the PC, I hope they got a good cut out of the "estimated" number.

As for Nintendo if those numbers are correct, then they have got $18,300,000 in the West alone from selling old roms with an emulator which I really doubt takes much effort to put onto the VC service.

2. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    tbh in 2009 the only wiiware I pirated was Onslaught I bought all other 9 that I have [​IMG]

3. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Really glad to see this growth in WiiWare sales. VC I don't care about , but there are some epic games in WiiWare and it's just a really good idea to sell those small/addicting games that don't have enough content for a full retail price.

4. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I'm glad that World of Goo sells so well. It's a really good game! I already own it on PC (legit, thanks to the pay whatever you like thing) but otherwhise I'd get it for Wii.

5. Empoleom

Empoleom GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    Brazil
    i never pirated a wiiware game and i bought 5 wiiware games last year

6. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    thts really amazing and may encourage them to increase tht number though now it would be more difficult as the older greater titles have been exhausted