Hacking WiiWare Games and IOS

tengusoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I understand you need to install certain IOS in order to play some Wii Ware games, so is tehre a source that has infoo on what IOS needs to be installed in order for each Wii Ware games to run correctly?
Also, hypothetically, if I decided to try and install a WiiWare wad without the proper IOS, would that eb dangerous?

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can try anytitledeleter MOD found here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter

you can run this on your wii. JUST DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING WITH THIS PROGRAM.

go under channels and highlight the title you want to play (don't click anything just highlight it). Look on the top Left corner it should tell you what IOS it uses.

You can also check what IOS you have on your Wii to see if you have it or not. I hope this helps!

tengusoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1. Thanks for the linka man
biggrin.gif

2.I actually have any title deleter and that's a very clever idea
tongue.gif

3.Lastly, what trusted palce can I get the IOS from? and how do I install them? was taht with trucha bug or DOP IOS? and what kind of IOS should I use to install the otehr ones? I'm still new at this.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
tengusoldier said:
1. Thanks for the linka man
biggrin.gif

2.I actually have any title deleter and that's a very clever idea
tongue.gif

3.Lastly, what trusted palce can I get the IOS from? and how do I install them? was taht with trucha bug or DOP IOS? and what kind of IOS should I use to install the otehr ones? I'm still new at this.
I'd use the NUS Downloader to get IOS's and stuff.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tengusoldier you might want to use DOP-IOS, it'll both download and install whatever IOS you choose for you and runs on your wii itself and is pretty failsafe for the most part, as it won't let you install any stubbed IOS, it's also very easy to use.

NUS + wad manager are kind of oldschool these days now that DOP-IOS is around, but they're all still useful in their own ways.

oh, and also, trying to run a wiiware game without the proper IOS will usually just black screen or code dump. As far as I know nothing bad has happened to anyone long term although it's always good to have the proper IOS'

tengusoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you McDonut, athat is reassuring, I do have DOP IOS and that deos sound quite easier to use, my only qustion is this:

What IOS is the one I had to use to install otehr IOSs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: 112TB in this photo 😎😎