Hacking Wiiware Error

eruvalar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
After battling with this problem for hours, I think it's legitimate to make a new thread with a better description of my problem.

All wiiware titles I have installed via WAD Manager give me the error: An error has occurred. Please eject the disk and turn the power off." I have to pull the plug to restart.

This first occurred after installing softmii.
I now am (as far as I can tell) on a completely clean 3.2E. AnyTitleDeleter shows the only Systemtitles installed are:
16, 51, 10, 50, 36, 14, 35, 33, 34, 28, 22, 31, 30, 21, 20, 17, 15, 13, 12, 11, 9, 4, BC, MIOS and SYSMENU

On 3.2E I should be able to install wiiware-wads with WAD Manager and be good to go?
What could cause this problem. Doesn't a non-working wiiware-title just reboot the wii?

I would be very thankful for any advice.

eruvalar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't want to make a new topic, so I bump this with a little update:

I now used icefireicefires automatic updater to get to 4.0.
Great success. So I should now have (installed for the update) cIOS rev8 and all new, trucha patched versions of all IOSs right?

So why does this error persist? I'm seriously bugged by this, because I love wiiware-titles.

Anybody? Anything? Please?

EDIT: WOOOHOOO! They work from SD-Card, so problem solved. That was a shitty week of frustration.

veryhotsausage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem, I have two wiis and the first one works great but the second one gives me the black screen errors.

This is what I've done:
- Install Bootmii and Homebrew using Bannerbomb
- Used IOS Downgrader 1.0 to downgrade
- Installed System Menu 4.0 via Any Firmware Downgrader
- Used Wad Manager 1.3 to apply the CIOS Fix, IOS16 and IOS60
- Installed World of Goo

So I'm on 4.0E with two WiiWare titles and AnyTitle Deleter has got the ones listed abouve plus 60 and 61. But it doesn't work. =(

Hope someone could shed some light... eruvalar?

veryhotsausage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got those too...

I've got 249, 61, 60, 16,55, 53, 51,50,38, 36, 35,34,33,31,30, 28, 17, 15,14,13,12,11, 10, 3, 21, MIOS, BC, SYSMENU, 4 and 9

I also tried booting the games from the SD card, but still getting the same error

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if the wii is restarting when you start the game, it may be a missing IOS.

when i downloaded the american version of 'my life as a king' it always just reloaded my system menu.

but after an update it worked 100%

it might also be none region free? i dont know if that restarts the wii or not though.

EDIT: maybe since the trucha bug is not in your IOS (since you're on 3.4/ 4.0) it wont let fakely installed games be played. run IOS Downgrader to regain it and see if that works.

to launch fakesigned games from the SD menu, you'll need to patch IOS60. (just install preloader 0.29 and it'll patch it for you
smile.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1