Homebrew WiiWare DLC not showing up

Phil123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed Bubble Bobble Plus with the DLC for it through ShowMiiWad on my PC and the game plays fine but the DLC is greyed out. What do I have to do to make it work or do I just have to unlock it by playing the game?

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Bubble Bobble Plus with the DLC for it through ShowMiiWad on my PC and the game plays fine but the DLC is greyed out. What do I have to do to make it work or do I just have to unlock it by playing the game?
Are you using Dolphin?
Have you put the DLC in it's corresponding folder?

Phil123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using Dolphin?
Have you put the DLC in it's corresponding folder?

I'm using an original Wii. I just went into the folders and was about to move the DLC into the same folder as the main game but I would have to overwrite two of the files as they have the same names in the content folders. Should I just rename the DLC folder?

Phil123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DLC isn't free and I can't even access the shop channel anyway. I've tried moving the DLC folder to the same location as the main game but nothing works.

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLC isn't free and I can't even access the shop channel anyway. I've tried moving the DLC folder to the same location as the main game but nothing works.
Why?
It's usually it's own folder in a different part of the Wii.
Take a professional's help.
Which is not me.

Phil123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why?
It's usually it's own folder in a different part of the Wii.
Take a professional's help.
Which is not me.

Well, I didn't originally move the DLC folder but tried doing that after to see if it would fix it. I also tried installing and playing the game before installing the DLC and using wadmanager instead of showmiiwad to install it. Thanks for your help anyway, hopefully someone else comes along who knows what I'm doing wrong. I did try google but nothing came up.

Last edited by Phil123,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiWare DLC does not go in the folder for the title it's for. It goes in a separate one.

Title: 10000002
DLC: 10000005

ShowMiiWads should be putting it in the correct folder if you're unpacking a WAD to a dumped NAND with it.

Phil123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiWare DLC does not go in the folder for the title it's for. It goes in a separate one.

Title: 10000002
DLC: 10000005

ShowMiiWads should be putting it in the correct folder if you're unpacking a WAD to a dumped NAND with it.

Here are all my folders that are to do with Bubble Bobble Plus and the DLC:

Image 1: main game folder
2. DLC folder
3. Ticket Folder

https://imgur.com/a/W7OLY

I loaded the game and created a profile for it before installing the DLC. I also tried installing a different game that had DLC and it didn't work for that one.

I noticed that the channel type for most of my channel titles is wrong though. Some WiiWare and N64 games are seen as channels (they still play fine) and the DLC that I added for Bubble Bobble has no channel title so maybe that's why it's not working? All the options in the edit menu are greyed out.

Last edited by Phil123,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the game WAD to your NAND folder, then install the DLC WAD to the same NAND folder. Do not copy anything manually, SMW already knows where the files belong.

If it's still not working redownload the game from the store and dump it yourself.

Phil123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Install the game WAD to your NAND folder, then install the DLC WAD to the same NAND folder. Do not copy anything manually, SMW already knows where the files belong.

If it's still not working redownload the game from the store and dump it yourself.

I managed to fix it. I used this guide and redid everything to do with the nand stuff:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?83529-Wii-Channels-and-Game-Saves-from-USB-guide

I previously used a different guide on this forum.

Last edited by Phil123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.