Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wiiware and VC release dats now available
Offlinelist, CLRMamepro and RSS
wiiwarevcdat.jpg

Nago, GBAtemp member and long time behind the scenes person, has released betas of his dats for the Wii virtual console and Wiiware in both Offline list and CLRmamepro formats (both programs are long standing rom managers and their formats are fairly widely supported) as well as an RSS feed.

A great deal of work has gone into them with the aim being towards completion, rapid updates and lots of information.

• Duplicates: I have made an extensive effort to eliminate duplicates in my database; I have opted to choose the "Best" release for any given title. For people who only casually collect and do not follow the scene, I find this to make more sense instead of including multiple entries for the same game, some of which have been nuked. You will generally find only one of each game from each region in here, with exceptions for (UPDATE) titles.
  • Integrity: I have made a good deal of corrections to the database at ABGX.net, as a result, several games have been added to the database and a few have been recently nuked. I have done a LOT of error checking here. I am fairly confident of the completeness of the dat.
  • RiffRaff: Nuked releases, Duplicates, and other undesirables are not in the main database, but are included in alternate versions of the dat. The purpose here is to help identify if your releases are bad. I have dug up 95% of the Nuked releases and duplicates to help you identify if your collection is outdated. The numbers for nuked releases start at 10000, and prefix the title with [NUKE]. This also includes some titles which are not nuked due to technicality but are otherwise superseded or have better versions available.
  • WiiWare/VC Only: Wii Channels, Utilities, and Game-based DLC are not listed here.
  • Duplicate Filter Full duplicate ID information (even for nukes) for use with OLL's dupfilter.
  • Images: There are a handful of images, but not many. I need assistance with these. If Psykos is willing to donate his to the cause, all the merrier, but otherwise I won't be taking his without permission. There is a public PhotoBucket gallery in which users may contribute screenshots. Please contribute if you're interested in this project; otherwise, screenshots are low on my list of priorities.
    WiiWare: http://photobucket.com/wiiware
    Virtual Console: http://photobucket.com/vconsole
  • Missing Releases: None! There are, however, a few nuked releases that are missing, but who cares about those, right?
  • Updates:: Generally once a week, on fridays. I may update more frequently, but I can only guarantee once a week.
  • DLC: DLC Content is also included; these have (DLC) both as a suffix to the title and in the comment field. These do NOT share the same Duplicate ID as their parent games.
  • Language Info: I have filled in Language Info as retrieved from Wikipedia, and NOE, but there is bound to be inaccuracies. Your assistance in reporting language discrepancies would be appreciated; it takes a long time to install all these wads, and I just simply don't have the patience to try each one personally.
  • RSS: I made some RSS feeds so you can track releases! Each RSS entry links to the latest dat so you can automate downloads of the dat when new releases come out. Each news entry also has a link to the NFO for the release on Ludibria.

icon11.gif
GBAtemp thread (please use that thread rather than the old one).
icon11.gif
Offline list homepage
icon11.gif
CLRmamepro site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls