WiiWare #0585 - Cave Story (USA)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gotta wait for the PAL one. I've heard this one has got wrong colors and a nasty green bar on the lower side of the screen when running on PAL Wiis
frown.gif

EDIT: Still no release date for PAL? Screw this, I'm not gonna wait. It could take ages before it gets released here
dry.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard really good things about Cave Story so I`m really excited about this game. And as far as I know it is a little inspired by Super Metroid, which is one of my all time favorites!!!

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downloaded Cave Story last night for the PC, and it looked like a great game. I'll put some time into Cave Story once I beat Megaman 10. Almost there!

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
I just used freethewads and it runs fine on my 4.1E wii with all the latest ios installed. I also am not experiencing the green bar at the bottom many people have been mentioning, which I thought was strange. Maybe it is because I am running it on a widescreen 100hz CRT and not an LCD, not sure.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not one of those guys who try and force people to stop pirating but I think this is one of the few games you need to actually buy.

Pixel isn't some big corporation with millions of dollars to toss around. He's a normal guy like you and me who made a fantastic game. I think he deserves the little bit of money he's getting from this.

That's just my two cents.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CyrusBlue said:
I'm not one of those guys who try and force people to stop pirating but I think this is one of the few games you need to actually buy.

Pixel isn't some big corporation with millions of dollars to toss around. He's a normal guy like you and me who made a fantastic game. I think he deserves the little bit of money he's getting from this.

That's just my two cents.
I'm gonna buy it as soon as it gets released in Europe. Which can happen in a time frame which goes from 1 month to 2 years. I love too much this game to wait for it
tongue.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
_Raiden_ said:
[WiiWare] Cave Story [First 7 minutes]

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ContraNetwork/videos/58/

by _Contra_
Ouch!! I wasn't expecting that! It looks terrible. Okay I realize I have to think in 8-bit mode for this one.
These sure are strange times. I come from an era where software companies did EVERYTHING to make there games as good looking as possible. Now we just go back it seems. Lately I've been playing No More Heroes 2 and almost the half of the game is in 8-bit mode! It's fun and all. But it's also a strange trend. It's almost as if 8-bit and low fi are a sort of quality trademark nowadays. Retro is hip, Low Fi is COOOOL!!!

We just go back and forth and back and forth... I also noticed something like that in the Nintendo console developement. After the GBA it was the smaller/slicker GBA SP, then the even smaller GBA Micro. Now with the DS we had the phat DS and then the smaller DS Lite....and now suddenly the DSi with larger screens and now even the DSi XL big mothafucka. What's happening????
And what's next?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol