WiiWare #0357 - Driift Mania (Europe)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wasn't this the game you could play with 4 guys at once? Read about this a few months ago.
I think you could drive with 4 players with only 2 Wiimotes and 2 Nunchucks. 2 Players play with the Wiimotes and 2 players could play with the Nunchucks. Very nice idea, hope it works out well!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been waiting ages for this.

QUOTE said:
Featuring twelve different tracks based on four themed environments – cityscape, hills, snow and a desert oasis – players can also select one of 32 vehicles from four categories. Each category is tailored for use within the different environments, with variations of speed, acceleration and handling and grip levels making specific vehicles ideal for particular locations. Read More »

Driift Mania’s multi-player modes allow users to play using combinations of Wii Remotes, Nunchucks and Classic Controllers, and seven game modes are on offer. These range from the single-player and multi-player championships, and Team Race, wherein participants are divided into two teams, with the winner determined by those that accrue the most points. The VIP mode elects one player per team as a VIP vehicle, who must be protected at all costs from the opposition cars, with the removal of the VIP car resulting in a win for the attacking team.

Driift Mania also uses ‘Contamination’ where a player is marked contagious and must contaminate very other player within a set period, while the ‘Cold Potato’ mode charges the user with collecting said vegetable and holding on to it for as long as possible! Finally, the ‘Meteorite’ option sees players embarking on a normal race, while trying to avoid a series of meteors as they fall from the sky.

No WFC. 8 players can play at the same time.

http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/games/wiiware/driift_mania

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you know what its been done before years ago on the AMIGA

remember this one anyone

the aptly named SKIDMARKS and its followup of SUPER SKIDMARKS by Acid Software!

(could not find a vid of the first one but here's the second one)

edit found a vid of ULTIMATE SKIDMARKS the CD32 version

looks kinda similar! .....Maby better the cars looked like REAL CARS!

btw boring information of the day for this Amiga game back in the day pre its release ...I was an OFFICIAL BETA TESTER!
nyanya.gif

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not only skidmarks and ultimate skidmarks look the same, so do micro machines, turbosliders and many, many more..

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
If this is anything like Super Sprint I'll be all over it.

Edit: Hmm, seems to reset itself before it loads up. Is freethewads still the best wad to regionfree a wad?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a really good racer and its pretty much like Super Sprint, Skidmarks and Super Off-Road. Very old school but the downside is that the solo modes feels emptier so multiplayer is the way to go.

Such a shame that all modes aren't available for single players or even two players and sadly getting more than one person to come round to play on the Wii nowadays is rare.

There are a lot of vehicles to race and you'll want to try racing most of them at least once. There are a lot of tracks but most feel samey like in most racers.

No WFC but I hear its more the fault of Nintendo more than the developers of the WW games, with it this would have been even more essential.

D

Deleted-119707

this one of the best WiiWare titles ive enjoyed in a long time. muktiplayer modes are really fun and funny XD

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Disregard my post above. It IS PAL, it's just that I'm still using 3.2E. Plays fine on my mates 3.4E.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning