Homebrew Homebrew app WiiUIdent - A Wii U Identification homebrew

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

A Wii U Identification homebrew, which display information about console hardware components, software/hardware versions and much more.

:!: WiiUIdent requires the MochaPayload!
Make sure to update to Aroma or Tiramisu, in order to use this application.

Features​

WiiUIdent currently displays:
  • Identification
    • Model
    • Serial
    • Production Data
    • Keyset
  • Hardware
    • Type
    • Version
    • Board Type
    • SATA Device
    • DDR3 Size/Speed/Vendor
  • Region
    • Product Area
    • Game Region
  • Versions
    • System Version
    • Boot1 Version
  • MLC/SD Card information
    • Type
    • Manufacturer
    • Product Name
    • Product Revision
    • Production Date (MLC only)
    • Size
    • CID/CSD

System Database​

WiiUIdent comes with an option to optionally upload system information to a database. This allows collecting various statistics about Wii U consoles.
After submitting your data, your system information will be added to the database with a System ID, which will be displayed on the console. The database is publicly accessible but personally identifying information will be kept confidential.
The database can be found here!

Screenshots​

Credits​

• @GerbilSoft for providing the System Database and the "System Information" implementation in the recovery_menu.
  • FontAwesome for the icons.
  • Terminus Font for the monospace font.

Links​

https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/WiiUIdent/releases
https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/WiiUIdent/

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pagination and filtering support will be added to the Wii U database frontend "soon".

EDIT: For those of you who might be wondering about the disc photos: It's pseudo-randomly selected based on the console information. It isn't based on the disc in the drive at the time of data submission, nor is it based on internal system memory contents. I just figured it would be better to show an actual game disc instead of a generic blank disc.

For systems with CAT-R drives, it *does* show a generic blank CAT-R disc:
CAT-R.png

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some interesting notes on the data we've received so far:
  • Up until now, it wasn't known whether or not the Latte B1X chipset was actually used. (It's been documented, but hasn't been seen.) A few consoles submitted during testing *do* in fact have B1X, and it seems it was used starting in late 2015. The actual differences between B1X and the more common A5X are unknown, but it's likely either cost-cutting, power savings, or a combination of both.
  • One of the submitted 8GB consoles has a Toshiba eMMC. WiiUBrew only lists Samsung for 8GB.
  • Some consoles submitted prior to today are missing ddr3Vendor, BSP revision, and/or MLC manufacturing date. Earlier versions of recovery_menu didn't submit these fields; those consoles will need to resubmit the data using either an updated recovery_menu (should be ready tonight) or WiiUIdent 1.0.
I might add a way for console owners to submit notes about their particular consoles later, but for now, it's all being kept mostly anonymous.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Theres a similar version of this on Vita that can show Wifi ID's and passwords is this also possible? as would be mega handy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ran the tool :) I have a Basic White Console with Samsung and a Premium Black Console with Toshiba. Lucky me :D
I tried to submit to the DB but I get an error on both Consoles..
White Console - Error! Failed to upload data: Couldn't resolve host name (6)
Black console - Error! Failed to upload data: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK (60)
Tested on both Tira and Aroma.

Also I noticed I have to load the WiiUident rpx from the HBL twice from a cold boot, first load will boot back to the HBL app list second load will boot WiiUident.
But once I have loaded WiiUident successfully once I can exit and load the app again fine :)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned this on discord already but I apparently have a "weird unicorn" console, my console has no manufacture date! I am #70. It's listed as 0000/00/00 00:00!

I purchased it "refurbished" in June 2017 from Nintendo's eBay store, but the console I got was very evidently brand new, like many consoles sold at this time. Eitherway, it's got Samsung NAND so I'm probably safe!

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm missing something very obvious. I dropped the .rpx in wiiu/apps on my SD card, and after starting up the app, it says 'Failed to initialize OTP'
what did I miss?
(32GB Refurb Black Wii U w/ Nintendoland+SM3DW preinstalled)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: I'm doing some last-minute adjustments, which unfortunately requires changing around the server data format, so WiiUIdent won't be able to submit new data for a bit. It should be back up by tomorrow.

EDIT: It's back up with WiiUIdent 1.1. If you have already submitted data with WiiUIdent 1.0, please resubmit it with 1.1 so it can update the missing fields.

EDIT 2: New data discovery: There's apparently a WUP-101(12) system with sales region MDE (Middle East). Game region is USA, so this is effectively a USA-region console, but it's interesting to see that they had a separate sales region.

Now, where are sales regions 5-11, 13, and 14...

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just sent my console info off. Only interesting thing to mention is that its a 32GB size but it has no production date? Just mostly posting to follow the interesting statistics.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can this be run with cold boot haxchi or has to be only aroma tiramisu?
Should work with CBHC just use .rpx version
Has to be Aroma or Tiramisu or a similar environment, WiiUIdent requires an up-to-date version on the MochaPayload.
Haxchi and CBHC won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...