Hacking Wiiubrew.org is down

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either someone hacked the site with a DDOS attack of Nintendo is on to us; www.wiiubrew.org can no longer be accessed. All that happens is a 503 server error.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

X I D 293300154
Varnish cache server

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, its back, and has a few updates that cause questions in my (non hacker) brain. WiiU level Title IDs and a little bit of filesystem have been discovered, and I wonder about how such information was uncovered.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, its back, and has a few updates that cause questions in my (non hacker) brain. WiiU level Title IDs and a little bit of filesystem have been discovered, and I wonder about how such information was uncovered.
Title IDs; possibly from sniffing network communications. Filesystem; no idea. But these sorts of things are known for the 3DS as well, and it isn't hacked. I don't know how they do it though.

Also, syscalls as well.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title IDs; possibly from sniffing network communications. Filesystem; no idea. But these sorts of things are known for the 3DS as well, and it isn't hacked. I don't know how they do it though.

Also, syscalls as well.

Not hacked in the softmod sense of the word, but one dude (his name slips my mind currently) built his own memory interface to probe the 3DS while it was running. Are we already at that level of poking for the WiiU?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder about how such information was uncovered.
They were probably mined from NUS. They have been on wiimpersonator for a while.

Hopefully something will come from those keys Crediar extracted.
Those keys Crediar found were just normal Wii keys AFAIK. The fact that he was able to get them (and thus almost certainly has a working IOS exploit) is the interesting part.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not hacked in the softmod sense of the word, but one dude (his name slips my mind currently) built his own memory interface to probe the 3DS while it was running. Are we already at that level of poking for the WiiU?
Nope, but even before neimod had his RAM tracing setup, there was some info like this on 3dbrew I think.
Those keys Crediar found were just normal Wii keys AFAIK. The fact that he was able to get them (and thus almost certainly has a working IOS exploit) is the interesting part.
Correct.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A DDoS is a federal offense in the US, I really doubt Nintendo would do that.

Cold, hard logic isn't going to stop people from posting before thinking, but yeah, if Wiiubrew was getting Ddos'd it would almost certainly not be Nintendo doing it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would probably lead to some confusion about the boundaries between stuff e.g. between actual Wii and WiiMode on WiiU, or even between Wii and WiiU. It's better to keep them separate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over