Hacking WiiU Virtual Console finally fixed! [No More dark filter, and widescreen support!]

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would have thought there would be loads more interest in this? This is what people have been asking for for ages :P
I got Super Mario 64 and Fzero X working in Fullscreen + Dark screen fix with this method :grog:well I say fullscreen there is still a slight boarder around the screen but I think with a bit of tinkering we maybe able to sort that too?

Eye Candy....
20180905_022803[1].jpg

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would have thought there would be loads more interest in this? This is what people have been asking for for ages :P
I got Super Mario 64 and Fzero X working in Fullscreen + Dark screen fix with this method :grog:well I say fullscreen there is still a slight boarder around the screen but I think with a bit of tinkering we maybe able to sort that too?

Eye Candy....
Yes baby!
Finally some good N64 emulation on the Wii U!
Now where's mah RE2?! Haha

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm how do I try this with the games I have on WII U already installed? Are there instructions?

Also, you said that if you put multiple roms inside the folder, it boots to a game select screen. Wouldn't this mess up the save feature in the game cause of only being able to save one kind of game per installed title?:unsure:

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Eye Candy....

If you see the people in this thread.... we are the same 4 people in every emulation for Wii U thread xDDDDD

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Umm how do I try this with the games I have on WII U already installed? Are there instructions?

Also, you said that if you put multiple roms inside the folder, it boots to a game select screen. Wouldn't this mess up the save feature in the game cause of only being able to save one kind of game per installed title?:unsure:
For already installed titles, you have to access the corresponding /content/ folder of the game at hand in your Wii U's nand, extract its .arc to your PC, edit it, then inject it back to the Wii U's nand.

If you see the people in this thread.... we are the same 4 people in every emulation for Wii U thread xDDDDD
We are keeping the U alive xD

Reactions: juanKme and ploggy

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For already installed titles, you have to access the corresponding /content/ folder of the game at hand in your Wii U's nand, extract its .arc to your PC, edit it, then inject it back to the Wii U's nand.

We are keeping the U alive xD

Wii U deserves more love!

lurkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm here too, just lurkn.

WiiU is the best, along with GCN and DC.

This is an awesome discovery- but now I need to figure out how to edit all this stuff.

Someone plz make a tutorial.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a framelayout.arc file. It's the only one I can find in the game I own. Is this the right one? I tried looking everywhere for more. What do I do with it? :unsure:

Enscripture

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! This is cool. The file is universal after some testing, meaning you just have to paste the new edited FrameLayout.arc in the content directory of each N64 game

Reactions: hippy dave

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Explain to me like I'm 5 years old because I'm terribly stupid, how do I do that?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yay! This is cool. The file is universal after some testing, meaning you just have to paste the new edited FrameLayout.arc in the content directory of each N64 game

Just something to think about, if you do a CRC check for the FrameLayout.arc file on different N64 VC bases, you will see that the files are not identical.

If your using the same N64 base VC for all your N64 injects, then this will be fine, however if your using the same modded FrameLayout.arc file on other N64 injects that uses a different base, there is possibly a chance it will cause issues?
Again it may not as your not having issues using the same files across other N64 injects.

Just thought I'd put this out there.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just something to think about, if you do a CRC check for the FrameLayout.arc file on different N64 VC bases, you will see that the files are not identical.

If your using the same N64 base VC for all your N64 injects, then this will be fine, however if your using the same modded FrameLayout.arc file on other N64 injects that uses a different base, there is possibly a chance it will cause issues?
Again it may not as your not having issues using the same files across other N64 injects.

Just thought I'd put this out there.

According to OP, it shouldn't be an issue, in theory. Most of my ROM injects use the same base IIRC, but you could always test?

It really does.. ps1 Emulator.. nudge nudge lol

That'll be a cold day in hell, not to mention the PPSSPP emulator progress all but stopped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup