Hacking WiiU Virtual Console finally fixed! [No More dark filter, and widescreen support!]

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I just started reading about this but the first post is kind of an eyesore, no offense.

Could somebody briefly explain what I need to add/change for games that are loadline ready. Not only n64 but nds games as well since I seen some screens of someone playing Yoshi’s story in widescreen both top and bottom screens.

Also is there a compatibility list for games that work and games that don’t?

Any help in the right direction is most appreciated.

Reactions: SnakeEater

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem.
Each VC release is a different build of the emulator, hence why some crash and some don't.
I tried mine with 5 different games, both Castlevanias, DK64, Kirby, Biohazard 2 and they all worked for me perfectly with no filter and fullscreen, all loaded through Loadiine.

All of the games I have use F-Zero X as the base VC, even DK64, so clearly the issue is the vessel.rpx build from different VC releases.

From this point onwards, I suggest you all guys start updating your N64 VC builds to use F-Zero X's release to avoid discrepancies with the .arc.
Everybody should update to F-Zero X V16, that is the latest and it includes a fix for the stick sensitivity which could be used in other games like ocarina of time where it is a pain to aim the bow/slingshot.

Reactions: oslo83

WiiUrocks

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have Wii U (CBHC) and playing N64 on VC...

I have 2 questions if you could help me a little:
1. What is the correct way to apply this:
Should we copy (from F-Zero X V16):
code\VESSEL.rpx
content\FrameLayout.arc (modified with settings from 1st post)?
to all N64 VC Games ?

Do we need to first apply widescreen patch (*.ips): download game from Wii U to computer --> patch --> upload back to Wii U ?

2. How about NES games (and SNES)
Is there a simple (not HEX) way to fix gamma problem (and maybe apply wide screen) ?

PS. Thx also to @MikaDubbz for guide to fix settings for DS games via Notepad ;)

Reactions: Broduskii

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Wii U (CBHC) and playing N64 on VC...

I have 2 questions if you could help me a little:
1. What is the correct way to apply this:
Should we copy (from F-Zero X V16):
code\VESSEL.rpx
content\FrameLayout.arc (modified with settings from 1st post)?
to all N64 VC Games ?

Do we need to first apply widescreen patch (*.ips): download game from Wii U to computer --> patch --> upload back to Wii U ?

2. How about NES games (and SNES)
Is there a simple (not HEX) way to fix gamma problem (and maybe apply wide screen) ?

PS. Thx also to @MikaDubbz for guide to fix settings for DS games via Notepad ;)
Just grab fzero v16 and then copy your patched roms there, and apply the arc patch.

WiiUrocks

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks ;) So...:
Copy fzero v16 with fixed FrameLayout.arc
Replace ROM inside ROM folder, apply patch, upload back to Wii U ?

-----------------------

For NES / SNES still searching for solution to fix gamma...
Has anyone compared Wii U VC NES/SNES vs RetroArch with the Nestopia & Snes9x core ?

Last edited by WiiUrocks,

Enscripture

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on Cemu, you have to set GPU buffer cache accuracy" to "High(Slow)" for N64 games to run correctly. Cemu can be used to check how the game looks and see if you got the settings right

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So on Cemu, you have to set GPU buffer cache accuracy" to "High(Slow)" for N64 games to run correctly. Cemu can be used to check how the game looks and see if you got the settings right

Correct good to see others taking interest in getting N64 Titles working. This is a good way of testing before FTP to WiiU their are Glitches but you can tell whether it CEMU or Console related the only thing that you cant accurately determan is Frame Rate and Sound.

I use CEMU and Loadiine for my Testing and Research. It is possible to get a lot more Games to work but it will take a lot of effort to make Patches and to find out Memory Addresses including the odd Action Replay Code or two.

Enscripture

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on Mario Party 1,2,3 setting the frame scale to (1.4;1) gets rid of those stupid giant black bars on the side, but when the game switches to the map it changes the screen to add small black bars on to and sides on some games. Should work on others like Yoshi's Story or any N64 game that has the giant black bars on the sides only

Edit: Paper Mario is a little odd. It needs to be set at Scale (1.1;1.2) It might look cut off at the top but its not. The dialogue box actually extends offscreen into the black bars

Last edited by Enscripture,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For me, purely for testing N64 inject.

Image the time spent copying the inject to sd card and putting it in the WiiU and booting up Loadiine to test the config ini settings?
CEMU is a life saver to cut back the time spent testing your injects. Yea it doesnt run as fast and its slow but at least you can check to see if the game boots, then next is to test in Loadiine, if all is good then create your WUP/USB ready files.

I do this with NES, GBA and SNES injects, ND doesnt work in CEMU.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Image the time spent copying the inject to sd card and putting it in the WiiU and booting up Loadiine to test the config ini settings?
CEMU is a life saver to cut back the time spent testing your injects. Yea it doesnt run as fast and its slow but at least you can check to see if the game boots, then next is to test in Loadiine, if all is good then create your WUP/USB ready files.

If you put it that way, it's a very smart idea.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

See, that's totally fine to do that.

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anyone managed to use the Rom List feature?

I got a Loadiine ready inject for Nintendo 64 that the creator claims he used the F-Zero V16.
So I added Zelda Majora's Mask rom patched for widescreen and Ocarina of Time patched for widescreen.

Both show up within the menu.
Select it and a message asking if I want to switch roms.

Yes and.... black screen.

It would be sweet to have just a single folder with some n64 roms and be able to select it from the list.

Still, one more, if I already have a Nintendo 64 loadiine ready, is there an easy way to download cover art and make other titles with my other roms without messing with wii u keys and such?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+