Hacking WiiU VC injection Pokemon Soulsilver

MetroidOtherS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to inject pokemon soul silver using nds2wiiu and the game runs fine it just has random graphical glitches on the sprites but not in battle.
Im using loadiine gx2.
Is this normal? I read the compatibility list and it says nothing about graphical glitches.

Last edited by MetroidOtherS,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to inject pokemon soul silver using nds2wiiu and the game runs fine it just has random graphical glitches on the sprites but not in battle.
Im using loadiine gx2.
Is this normal? I read the compatibility list and it says nothing about graphical glitches.
Bad ROM, perhaps?

Reactions: dante-feline

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I know the problem. Both SoulSilver and Hearthgold glitches badly. I tried different roms and a pre injected game, but no luck. Best bet is a different pokemon game, I haven't had any luck with SS or HG but Ruby works fine.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is Brain Age available? I'd get it myself, but uh, there's the whole console ban thing. I get the same thing using Squeak Squad so no it's not just you
brain age isnt the latest e shop release lol that is old as hell

PAL and USA latest
Mario Party DS 2016-04-21 this is where you can probably find most bugfix as off yet they have been improving.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive a dead/dying thread, but I was having this issue as well. If I inject HeartGold or SoulSilver into the Yoshi's Island DS VC game, it runs without sprite issues. I get sprite issues using any other VC game.

Edit: HeartGold froze on me before reaching Mr. Pokemon's house, so while the game is playable, one should save the game often. On another save file, I made it past Mr. Pokemon's house without any freezing problems.

Edit x2: Very rarely (<1% of the time), the sprite issue will return. Entering a building or starting a battle has fixed it each time for me.

Last edited by Lacius,

dante-feline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had this issue with an old inject job I did. I was meaning to try the eshop release of Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky as it's a pretty complex sprite-based game and I think it'd work perfect for a base title.

Reactions: CeeDee

Derverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would it be possible to emulate nds wlan in the future? Like being able to trade between nds to wiiu and so forth. If it ever happened it would give me a great reason to play most nds games again xD

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to emulate nds wlan in the future? Like being able to trade between nds to wiiu and so forth. If it ever happened it would give me a great reason to play most nds games again xD
Unlikely, but you could always extract the save file and import/export Pokemon between save files.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually that issue is present on pc emulators, most likely No$GBA, and its caused by having a pokemon following you the entire time.

dante-feline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is easier to look for that injected game in that Iso site, if you now what I mean...
Everybody on that site's been /trying/ for a while now. Someone found that it's a little more stable using Yoshi's Island DS. I'll try Explorers of Sky later and report back with my findings. EoS is the most advanced title of the DS eshop games in terms of encryption in sprites and audio.
If everything goes well, I'll try it on another handful of trouble titles and let you guys know my findings there, as well.

Reactions: CeeDee

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to try, I've already tried injecting SS into Explorers of Sky, I still get the sprite glitching. I switched to Storm Silver, an SS ROM hack, and that works almost flawlessly. I rarely ever get the sprite glitch, which is fixed by going into a menu, and there's very slight ground glitching but its only noticeable if you're looking for it.

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Everybody on that site's been /trying/ for a while now. Someone found that it's a little more stable using Yoshi's Island DS. I'll try Explorers of Sky later and report back with my findings. EoS is the most advanced title of the DS eshop games in terms of encryption in sprites and audio.
If everything goes well, I'll try it on another handful of trouble titles and let you guys know my findings there, as well.
I still dont know why the rules say that we cant use the name of that Iso site on the forum

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared