WiiU suddenly starts backup without Haxchi

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by master414, May 6, 2019.

1. master414
    OP

master414 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    I hope i am into something here! So let me explain first;

I installed Haxchi on a black wii u 32 gb couple of years ago. Buyed a NDS game like the tutorial said and linked to Haxchi. So everytime i wanted to load my wup installed backups i had to turn on the wii u -> open haxchi -> emunand opens -> load the installed wup backup. Everything works fine.

A year ago i lended my wii u to my brother and he fucked up some things including some saves. He tried to fix everything so i didn't loose my save files and he fixed it. But here comes the weird thing. Everything worked like it did before lending him the wii u. This week i wanted to sell my WiiU. I see my wup backups from in Haxchi showing up in my original nand without Haxchi. So somehow the emunand got linked with the nand. No big deal. I deleted Haxchi, removed all usb's and tried to open a wup backup and the wup backup loads?

Situation right now;
    Wii u turns on and i can load 2 from 5 wup backups without Haxchi or linked nintendo ID's. Thats weird right? How is this possible?

Edit;
    Mods can close this one.

Last edited by master414, May 6, 2019
  2. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    what do you mean with backups? nand backups? loadiine game backups?

3. master414
    OP

master414 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    .wup backups installed with Wup installer.

4. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    only eshop games or games with DLC installed require running haxchi before starting the game.
    all the other ones doesn't need haxchi at all.
    don't be so surprised! lol

5. master414
    OP

master414 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Lmao i feel retarded. So in all those years i actually never had to open Haxchi before opening games? Just start it lol? Damn.

6. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    that's right! :rofl2:
    you need haxchi to install.. not to run most of the games!
    as I said, only eshop titles or games including dlc need haxchi.