Hacking [WiiU] please help about how to ''region free''

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ok guys.... now i will tell you how hard i felt on how to hack my wii u. in 4 days, nothing worth it.

let me tell you first about this console:
1. JPN console
2. FW: 5.5.5.J
3. have 2 "USA" games on it [MK8 & BOTW]
4. have homebrew exploit 5.5.X, load from internet channel.
5. i must load mocha first via HBL, to play 2 installed USA games.
6. the console and gamepad is very legit condition.

yeah.. im not the first person to hack this wiiu, the wiiu seller was hacked the console with HBC and mocha cfw. and they install just 2 USA games [MK8 & BOTW] and i play it just fine.

but.... this is the story of my pain.. this is not a drama! this is real!

i want to buy this console to play free wiiu games. NOT ANY VC OR WII GAMES!!
the first method i try to play the pirate game is...

method 1:

A. download the loadiine ready games MP10 USA and MARIO 3D WORLD USA, put it on 32 gb SanDisk, formatted to 32kb cluster size.
B. download the latest [LATEST!!] loadiine v0.3
C. follow the right instruction
result: loadiine can detect my games perfectly, but all of my games are stuck at black screen after loadng the rpx file.

method 2:

A. still using loadiine, but try the others game: Animal Crossing Plaza JPN and NSMBU USA
result: loadiine can detect my games and play it perfectly! even the NSMBU is USA games, and the Animal Crossing is the default region.
but my question is why 3DWORLD USA and MP10 USA cannot play with loadiine?

method 3:

A. still positive thinking, redownload the game. and even i try to download others game [WiiU party USA]
result: the games dosent work, still have the same black screen. i already reformatted the SD card, and please dont ask me about the ''loadiine'' loading time. i wait for it untill 10 minutes /game but still dosent work.

method 4:

A. download the latest NEW NUS GRABBER
B. download the full title games [3DWOLRD USA, MP10 USA and Nintendo land JPN] and get the right tickets.
C. install it to nand and usb with WUP Installer GX
result: MP10 and 3DWORLD just fine with loading times [fast] but stuck at first screen/loading screen. Nintendo land can play perfectly [because the same region with the wiiu].
and i've try to load it from both [USB and NAND] but the result exactly same.

method 5:

A. my brain getting fired and still be patient with this. try to refresh it first
B. try to follow some method on youtube to make my wiiu ''region free'' and can play any games region from Disc, or NAND.
C. with editing the sysprod.xml, change the game region value to 119.
D. and im happy with this, because the comment of the video is almost 100% positive. they said the wiiu can play across region with this method.
result: NOTHING HAPPENS WITH MY WIIU! I STILL CANNOT PLAY USA OR PAL GAMES!

method 6:

A. try to make a thread here, but still waiting for people helping me
result: just waiting for any help....

thats all of my pain.. i really need help from all of you guys.
thanks.

NB: please dont talk about downloading the eshop games like Brain age or something like that. the games might not be able to download from my country, and i cant pay for the game.
dont ask me the reason why, because i have a money to pay just 7 bucks. the point is, i want the other way to make the wiiu region free. thanks again.

EDIT: why NSMBU can play from loadiine just fine??

Last edited by Sathya,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try region hax, but be very careful with it. if you mess up, the system will not play any games anymore.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you can get cfw on the system somehow (aroma might be something to try once it's released), you can use this too:

https://github.com/marco-calautti/spiik

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can try region hax, but be very careful with it. if you mess up, the system will not play any games anymore.
Yep regionhax not a good recommendation. Best to install games to nand/hdd and use haxchi or mocha to make the system region free. Not all out of region games will work due to missing language packs. But the solution for that is to run Spiik along with haxchi/mocha and then they will run.

And for out of region discs there is a app for that called ourloader.

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

if you can get cfw on the system somehow (aroma might be something to try once it's released), you can use this too:

https://github.com/marco-calautti/spiik
spiik? unfortunately, dosent work for me. maybe i must make a video for showing how i load my wiiu untill trying to play game.
Yep regionhax not a good recommendation. Best to install games to nand/hdd and use haxchi or mocha to make the system region free. Not all out of region games will work due to missing language packs. But the solution for that is to run Spiik along with haxchi/mocha and then they will run.

And for out of region discs there is a app for that called ourloader.
i dont have any wiiu disc. so, our loader is not the right choice... but, i've done installing game to USB MP10USA and SM3DWUSA and launch it with mocha, but the game just stuck at first loading screen. or, how can i run spiik along with mocha at the sametime?

Reactions: Alexander1970

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should be as simple as reloading the homebrew launcher after loading mocha, then going to spiik. I've never used the app before, just know that it exists.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It dosent work for me, the SM3DW just stuck at first load screen, and playing infinity opening music.
What are you selecting in Spiik? If the game is a USA version then you must pick

Language English
Region USA

If its a European game then you pick

Language English
Region Euro

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm not sure if all games work. I've heard different stories on that.
i just try it this time... so, there is no change for me to play 3d world? i cant find the 3d world japan version.
maybe i must change my redion value back to >1< (like japan default) then use spiik?

What are you selecting in Spiik? If the game is a USA version then you must pick

Language English
Region USA

If its a European game then you pick

Language English
Region Euro
I've try both.. i think i should upload some video about this...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mocha should be region free, so afaik, you don't need region hax. I wouldn't mess with region hax unless you're doing region free. it's a Japanese system, so it should be set to 1 anyway. I think mine was set to 2, since it's usa. don't modify it or else the browser probably won't work.

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ok. I try to set it back to >1< then try the same method (launch mocha and spiik)
maybe i must try the others game? but this wiiu is more likely permanent region locked LoL. i dont know why..
but important is, this wiiu can load 2 intalled USA game with mocha. or maybe i should ask the seller how they install the USA game on this wiiu? but its sounds weird. because they also sell services for hacking the wiiu

Last edited by Sathya,

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

this is the video i've upload.
and i have change my wiiu gameregion value from 119 back to 1.
the game on the video is MP10 USA.
Please watch my video carefully, and you'll know my problem.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the game froze? I'm not sure what happens with an out of region game as I've never tried one. I think wii u usb helper has you select your region, so that you won't install the wrong region game, but it's been years since I've installed that, so I may be misremembering. anyway, did you use spiik? I couldn't read what was going in the homebrew launcher. the image was too small.

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ok. This is my new video. And i hope you guys can help me

this video shows everything that happen with the wiiu while loading games.
the problem on the video is just happen when loading out of region games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.