Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
them some bitches they must have changed the code in the nintendo network itself...

you are probably right, yesterday everythings worked like a charm for me, now I can't connect to nintendo network, it returns the error code 102-2107 every time I try to play mk8 or eshop. while it worked for mk8 and eshop requiring me to update.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
GUYS I THINK I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO BYPASS IT IN MK8 i'm going to make a vid just give me about 10-30 min

instead of creating a video, could you just explain what you did please?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
darthvaderrrod.gif

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting this error when trying to access any online services as well, although I haven't tested MK8 yet. Everything was fine up until today. Sneaky Nintendo.... I'm going to try MK8 right now, but I'm willing to bet the result is the same as for everyone else XD. FYI i don't have any IP's blocked etc

UPDATE: As expected, no dice. Until we find a way to spoof our firmware, it looks like we're all f*****. I'm sure as hell not updating my console. S**** really getting good finally. At least I can still play MKWii online on the custom servers XD. vWii online functionality is still working fine :) (as far as all third party apps go, we all know what happened to wiiconnect24, rip my friend).

Reactions: the_randomizer

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is tough guys :P No games work online, no miiverse, tvii, DLCs, game updates or any online services (except the browser I guess) .... We don't know what will come out of the Browser exploit but I don't know if I can wait!! I want to play MK8 and MH3U online ..

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is tough guys :P No games work online, no miiverse, tvii, DLCs, game updates or any online services (except the browser I guess) .... We don't know what will come out of the Browser exploit but I don't know if I can wait!! I want to play MK8 and MH3U online ..

Screw 'em, lets boycott all nintendo online services. Bye bye eshop revenue!

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With the PS3, I waited 3 years with no online or firmware updating, ill do it again.

3 years :P I didn't wait and I downgraded my fw when it became possible. It would be nice if we had more info on the exploit to know what to expect. We know some people had some kernel permission (MK8 hack) but we don't even know if any of this will be usefull in a good way.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lame. But oh well. I kinda feel bad with all the hacking my Wii and vWii already have. If Nintendo is smart enough this time to at least implement some restrictions, then I'll hand it to the this time. Plus I feel like this is an indication that if in the future if they can figure out if you've hacked your Wii U mode, they may be able to block online features for you entirely. Happened with the PS3 and 360, don't see why it couldn't happen on the Wii U now either.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 years :P I didn't wait and I downgraded my fw when it became possible. It would be nice if we had more info on the exploit to know what to expect. We know some people had some kernel permission (MK8 hack) but we don't even know if any of this will be usefull in a good way.

I jail-broke right when PSJailbreak was reversed, using a TI-84+, downgrading did not come until much later.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the main reason why I bought a Wii U is for Xenoblade X and I'm pretty sure it will have some kind of online coop ... if hacking my Wii U means no online I might upgrade :S

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the main reason why I bought a Wii U is for Xenoblade X and I'm pretty sure it will have some kind of online coop ... if hacking my Wii U means no online I might upgrade :S

I'm hoping someone can find a backdoor through one of the ODE's to run unsigned code too. This would give us yet another backdoor that would be much more difficult for Nintendo to patch, like what happened with the 5.1.1 update (bye bye current webkit exploit).

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
lol at first I was going to laugh at all of you for whining, but I guess I'm just as surprised as you all are that Nintendo is slowly progressing towards the modern age where online interaction is involved, at least on a security level. Really though, you kind of have to applaud Nintendo for managing to put in the most basic thing present in even last gen hardware. Though, I guess the Wii U being on par with last gen is to be expected. ;O;

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping someone can find a backdoor through one of the ODE's to run unsigned code too. This would give us yet another backdoor that would be much more difficult for Nintendo to patch, like what happened with the 5.1.1 update (bye bye current webkit exploit) and 5.1.0 (hasta la pasta ppc kernel exploit)
The ODE will require a software exploit to set up, for what it's worth. That doesn't mean it's any harder to patch, though. The ODE hardware itself isn't really a hack. Also what's this about the kernel exploit being removed in 5.1.0? I've seen no evidence of this.

lol at first I was going to laugh at all of you for whining, but I guess I'm just as surprised as you all are that Nintendo is slowly progressing towards the modern age where online interaction is involved, at least on a security level. Really though, you kind of have to applaud Nintendo for managing to put in the most basic thing present in even last gen hardware. Though, I guess the Wii U being on par with last gen is to be expected. ;O;
They did this on the Wii, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy @K3Nv2 In the cas of Robin it would be Dick Grayson