Hacking WiiU now requiring update to use online features

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the Wii U first came out, you were required to update to use online stuff. I had to update mine for that reason. This isn't a new thing with 5.1.1. Nor with consoles in general. It existed on the Wii as well as other consoles. It's also not bullshit. There is a very good reason behind it. It keeps people from cheating online.

Stop whining. It's the way things have been for a long time.

rotflmao no whining here :)

Only solutions for people who may have updated on accident, go buy another one while they are still packing a lower firmware. Do not let it update and stay offline.

I can't get much simpler than that.

I never said it was "bullshit" or anything (Maybe your getting some posts mixed up?) hell I have been dealing with this since the Wii and 3.55 PS3 firmwares. It's all part of the game to me :)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Only solutions for people who may have updated on accident, go buy another one while they are still packing a lower firmware. Do not let it update and stay offline.

I never said it was "bullshit" or anything (Maybe your getting some posts mixed up?) hell I have been dealing with this since the Wii and 3.55 PS3 firmwares. It's all part of the game to me :)

i bought a second one, :D one is on the latest for mk8 and the other still on 5.1.0 ^_^

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

I was talking to everyone in this thread. The first post was directed specifically to the OP. Sorry I wasn't clear, it's late and I think I have a woodpecker in my head trying to make its way out.

Anyway, the OP seems to think that only just NOW are you required to update for online gameplay. He is 2 years behind, as it's always had that requirement.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking to everyone in this thread. The first post was directed specifically to the OP. Sorry I wasn't clear, it's late and I think I have a woodpecker in my head trying to make its way out.

Anyway, the OP seems to think that only just NOW are you required to update for online gameplay. He is 2 years behind, as it's always had that requirement.

the wii u didn't always have this requirement and if u don't mind me asking whats ''OP''?

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, eMMC is just for stored data like games n stuff. System is stored on a NAND chip. You could probably physically dump it with the right tools, but I don't know of anyone who's tested dumping, updating, and restoring. Someone really needs to.
Okay, dumping eMMC wouldn't be useful then. Just out of curiosity, is the NAND chip TSOP? Although I am thinking that the Wii U NAND is a different package, unlike the Wii, if memory serves me correctly, it was a TSOP48.
Dumping what? vWii NAND, Wii U NAND, or Wii U eMMC? Because none of those options are possible right now. Well, dumping is possible for vWii NAND, but not restoring/flashing.
Dumping Wii U NAND. Too bad Progskeet can't dump the Wii U Nand.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, dumping eMMC wouldn't be useful then. Just out of curiosity, is the NAND chip TSOP? Although I am thinking that the Wii U NAND is a different package, unlike the Wii, if memory serves me correctly, it was a TSOP48.

Dumping Wii U NAND. Too bad Progskeet can't dump the Wii U Nand.

Wii U NAND is a 48-pin TSOP chip. I'd check to be sure pinouts are the same though. Probably are.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
the wii u didn't always have this requirement
It did actually. It just didn't always kick in right away for some reason. I'd be able to browse the store and play online for awhile after an update, then it would insist I update before continuing.

and if u don't mind me asking whats ''OP''?
OP stands for either "Original Post" or "Original Poster", depending on the context.

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the Wii U first came out, you were required to update to use online stuff. I had to update mine for that reason. This isn't a new thing with 5.1.1. Nor with consoles in general. It existed on the Wii as well as other consoles. It's also not bullshit. There is a very good reason behind it. It keeps people from cheating online.

Stop whining. It's the way things have been for a long time.

Forget what I said, there's no use in us trying to circumvent this update, much less bypass the eventual online prevention. Until there's a way to circumvent, those with MK 8 like me are SOL. My reasoning? I don't want this to end up being another "3DS can only be hacked on X firmware" BS scenario, so until we know 5.1.1 is truly safe, yeah. I couldn't care less about cheating online, as that seems to be a way for people who don't want to develop or improve skills in games, but I want that dreaded region lock removed.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Parent mode activated!!! lol

Have you been drinking enough water and or taking vitamins? Too much caffeine? (Maybe you need glasses? eye strain can cause them too.)

If you get headaches more than once a week you might check into what is causing them, could be bad stuff going on in there.

Hope you feel better!!! I rarely get migraines but when I do it's a 2-5 day thing and nothing like waking up in the morning feeling like your going to puke because the sun is just too bright and everything has a cool halo around it (well it would be cool if it wasn't so painful lol)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might only be in the US for now. Check back in a few days.

https://twitter.com/wiiumpersonator well, the update's out for all versions (I use that every time a supposed new version comes out), so either it's something they're enforcing server side by region or it doesn't affect 5.0.0 for whatever reason, which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Reactions: Reecey

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://twitter.com/wiiumpersonator well, the update's out for all versions (I use that every time a supposed new version comes out), so either it's something they're enforcing server side by region or it doesn't affect 5.0.0 (for whatever reason).

It's absolutely server-side, since it rolled out so weirdly at first and it's not equally effecting everyone. More than likely, they just haven't set up whatever blocks they have here on non-US servers.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With the PS3, I waited 3 years with no online or firmware updating, ill do it again.
FUCK...THAT! i'm not missing out on smash bros i'll prob end up updating as for homebrew vwii still works i can still play my emus on that. and there's also the wiikey-u so yeah...i should be good :P

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to report it seems as though mine has kicked in now and says to update so all I can say is Fuck off homebrew I'm updating asap, there is no way I am missing out on MK8 online and the upcoming Super Smash Bros just for that, its not worth it! Fuck homebrew, welcome back WiiU MK8!!! Roll on WiikeyU I say. No rewind that, I have updated bollocks to it I don't care, Lol!!! Lets face facts now, you wont be able to use back ups with homebrew anymore even if a loader is developed anyway cause you will have to update the wiiu to be able to play online features, so what is the point anymore if you can't play online, it takes all the fun out of games like MK8 & SSB!. This exploit is dead now as far as I am concerned, its time to move on and forget about it. R.I.P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/