Hardware Wiiu not connecting via HDMI

Oakmontowls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after having my wiiu for quite awhile now I boot it up and notice that it isn't connecting to my monitor. After some adjusting of the settings I got the error "unable to load settings" which then prompts me to turn the console off. A quick google search finds multiple other people with the same problem, however no solutions. Does anyone have any suggestions and or fixes? I have already tried with multiple displays and hdmi cables.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii U is known being strict when it comes to HDMI. Alot of cables don't work. Nintendo's works best, but you can actually get a variaty of quality when testing different cables. lol.

Did it just die? Or is it a new cable?
What's the health status of the fragile hdmiport?

Have you tried starting the consoles with RGB/composite, then switching?
Tried to start the console and connect the cable after booting up?

Hope it helps. I'm well aware of the problems, don't know every answer yet though.

Last edited by biggan1,

Oakmontowls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@biggan1 the console just decided not to connect one day when it worked perfectly fine the day before. I have tried the original hdmi cable as well as others and none work. I have also tested the cables on other devices to make sure they weren't the problem. I have also tried using component/composite cables and switching.
@SANIC none of the resolution options work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: