Hardware WiiU Gamepad or WiiU Pro Controller?

Which controller will you use?

• Total voters

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering what controller people would prefer when the console launches later this year. Personally, I see myself using the Pro Controller on more "hardcore" games whereas I'd use the Gamepad on more chill titles, or even in single player games. For me, the game would determine my choice but I know I'll use them both.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use the Pro Controller for mutliplayer since most likely I wont be able to afford two gamepads. But since the gamepad has the same inputs as the pro plus an awesome touch screen I would use it for singleplayer and online multiplayer and netflix and stuff.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's little sense to go out to get a Wii U Pro Controller, when the gamepad have those controls and more.
Even if it came with it (I'm guessing it wouldn't), I'll still use the gamepad if someone else isn't using it.
If I get my own console, I'll wait to buy two gamepads.

I predict the controller would be light and comfortable for me.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess most games will try to make some kind of use of the touch screen, even if it is just to display maps or select weapons/items and such.
Even if a game is ported straight from the PS360, there will still be some use of the touch screen that they would implement as a selling point, so using a pro controller would be missing on something.
So I think I'll use the Gamepad.
The pro should be used for multiplayer games mostly.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gamepad. Most likely, I won't even pick up a pro controller for half a year or so. And even then, only if it gets good reviews (I already have a classic controller for the wii...why let it go to waste?).

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depends on the game for me I think and how the controllers feel and wich one is faster but I think I'll use gamepad for offline/story mode and pro for multiplayer to play faster if aiming with the gamepad would be slower than with pro controller in a shooter game. (can't know 'till I've tested I guess)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Assuming I have both? If the game takes advantages of the U-Pad's features, I'll play with that. But for games that don't use that, virtual console titles, Wii games, I'll use the U-Pro.

Reactions: 1 person

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Assuming I have both? If the game takes advantages of the U-Pad's features, I'll play with that. But for games that don't use that, virtual console titles, Wii games, I'll use the U-Pro.

That's a good point, I didn't think about that. But I don't think there' ll be any Wii U games that wouldn't use the pad, it's not like any DS game didn't use the touch screen in one fashion or another, or even just to display a map. If it's there, chances are it' ll get some form of support. But you are right about Wii games, VC and such.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That's a good point, I didn't think about that. But I don't think there' ll be any Wii U games that wouldn't use the pad, it's not like any DS game didn't use the touch screen in one fashion or another, or even just to display a map. If it's there, chances are it' ll get some form of support. But you are right about Wii games, VC and such.
Certain multiplayer games might not utilize the U-Pad that much, though. Though I'm sure Smash Bros. 4 might utilize the U-Pad in some way, it probably won't be too important, since you can only use 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality