Homebrew WiiU FTP Server (use WUT, fix inject failures and increase bandwith)

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've finished my job on this app :

1641106817704.png

Happy new year to all.

ReveriePass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for the app! It's great, I've just been having some issues: I'm trying to FTP over some replacement files for a BOTW mod, but Wii U FTP Server will crash randomly, needing me to hard reset the console. I'm using Tiramisu, any ideas of what could be going on?

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, thanks for the app! It's great, I've just been having some issues: I'm trying to FTP over some replacement files for a BOTW mod, but Wii U FTP Server will crash randomly, needing me to hard reset the console. I'm using Tiramisu, any ideas of what could be going on?
Hey,

Which version are u using ?
Well i'm not sure that wiiuFtpServer is compatible with tiramisu...
I have to check it out

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Which version are u using ?
Well i'm not sure that wiiuFtpServer is compatible with tiramisu...
I have to check it out
it is. I've tested it when I installed the hbl title. I only deleted the stuff on the sd card so I wouldn't have to on the pc.

Reactions: Laf111

ReveriePass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Laf111 , that may not be the best test, but it does work at least. how well, I'm not sure.
I’m using the most up to date version of both tiramisu and Wii U FTP Server. It works for small transfers, but transferring Zelda’s Ballad (1,171 files), it crashes every time without fail. NAND and USB.

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m using the most up to date version of both tiramisu and Wii U FTP Server. It works for small transfers, but transferring Zelda’s Ballad (1,171 files), it crashes every time without fail. NAND and USB.
Well, i'm working on a new version where i managed to enhance the robustness and the transfert rate (writing by blocks).
But i managed to transfer Fast Racing Neo game (over 9000 files) in both ways DL/UL without any issue with the V8-0 (last one).

If you agree and have the time for that, i'd send you a PM to ask you to check the V8-1 on your issue before releasing it.

ReveriePass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i'm working on a new version where i managed to enhance the robustness and the transfert rate (writing by blocks).
But i managed to transfer Fast Racing Neo game (over 9000 files) in both ways DL/UL without any issue with the V8-0 (last one).

If you agree and have the time for that, i'd send you a PM to ask you to check the V8-1 on your issue before releasing it.
Sure, sounds great! I’ll give it a try.

ReveriePass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you can try (if not already done) is to set (as recommended) your FTP client timeout >= 60s.
It avoid deconnexions that could lead in freezing the console with the V8.
I have tried both WinSCP and Filezilla. Filezilla I set to infinite, and WinSCP I set to 90. Both of them cause the Wii U to hard crash

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To add my two cents: I noticed WiiU FTP Server crashing like this one time... Rebooted the console and no more problems since then. What I want to say: Yes there seems to be a bug but it seems to be very rare. @TheLegendOfXela just seems to have some kind of environment that triggers it more often... And no, it's not Tiramisu.

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2022/01/28 V8-1 :
> rewrite send_from_file() and recv_to_file() for non blocking mode and chunk based transfer (per block) : => +40/50% UL speed
> pre-allocate a transfer buffer per connection
- this buffer is used by both mode (download/upload)
- it result in a faster transfer rate and mostly faster open/close times for connections
> cancelling a transfert now cancel the thread (you have to wait the completion in V8-0 until getting back the connection)
> display connection concerned in console log and client one
> display transfer rate calculate on server in client's log
> spinLocks, loop optimizations and cleanup WUT use mistakes by V10Lator
> thanks also to Masana, godreborn and TheLegendOfXela for their checks on release candidate versions

Here the top max speeds i get on my LAN :

1643416094382.png

Sans titre.png

Last edited by Laf111,
Reactions: meeeow and ber71

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Laf111 , I tested both your ftp server app as well as ftpii u everywhere. a lot of people have had issues injecting a new theme permanently. I had no issues with either, and I've tested three or four themes. it's weird, I guess. I'm still using the dark, blue theme since like August or September of last year, when themes became a thing. no issues, and I play the wii u almost every day if not every day.

Laf111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Laf111 , I tested both your ftp server app as well as ftpii u everywhere. a lot of people have had issues injecting a new theme permanently. I had no issues with either, and I've tested three or four themes. it's weird, I guess. I'm still using the dark, blue theme since like August or September of last year, when themes became a thing. no issues, and I play the wii u almost every day if not every day.
Thanks !

I've made many checks with WiiuFtpServer and it appears that the builtin Wifi leads in many CRC errors when setting 802.11n (which came out when the Wii-u was built and so i suspect that it is not fully compliant). I've got few (~3 files on 9000) on V8-1 if i use the wifi to connect my PC to my NAS (and not an ethernet cable or powerline connection) and my ethernet plug on the WIi-U side.

The Wii-u doesn't care because all the incoming data is CRC checked.
I got less errors when using the 802.11g protocol.

I guess you're using a full ethernet configuration ?

Last edited by Laf111,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr