Hacking Homebrew Misc WiiU freezes on startup after recent 2022 update.

BlueRogueAnna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My console was auto-updating when I turned it back on a few weeks ago, I wanted to play some Gamecube games I had installed. I went and tried to use the exploit to run my games when the web browser crashed. Then, when I tried restarting the console, it started freezing before startup. I'm assuming it's now a brick since it could've been mid-update, but it still boots up to the profile selection screen, I wanted to ask: Is there any way to fix it? Could I possibly undo the damaged update?

I don't wanna give up on my console. But if that's that, then I'll put it in its box for storage.

If there's any way to fix it, I'm willing to try. I brought some 3DS consoles back from similar issues, maybe this can happen to my WiiU.

BlueRogueAnna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably nothing to do with the system update if the update went through
Do you have any tips on how to fix the issue? I've tried the basic unplugging of any HDD and SD cards, and I've even tried using a disc. I opened up the console to clean any dust it could've had and it still won't work, I just don't wanna give up on it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any tips on how to fix the issue? I've tried the basic unplugging of any HDD and SD cards, and I've even tried using a disc. I opened up the console to clean any dust it could've had and it still won't work, I just don't wanna give up on it.

Not sure if reinitializing and redoing the hack would solve your problem though.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Web browser exploit? This takes me back. Have you tried booting the console without the SD card? Or try booting directly into Wii mode? Hold B on,.....either gamepad or wii mote (?) while the console is booting up.

BlueRogueAnna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Web browser exploit? This takes me back. Have you tried booting the console without the SD card? Or try booting directly into Wii mode? Hold B on,.....either gamepad or wii mote (?) while the console is booting up.
I haven't tried booting it right into Wii mode actually, is that an official method? I think I never heard of it. I may try it later, since I already unplugged and moved the console.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't tried booting it right into Wii mode actually, is that an official method? I think I never heard of it. I may try it later, since I already unplugged and moved the console.
There is an icon on the 'HOME Menu' called "Wii Menu", which will take you to 'vWii Mode'.

BlueRogueAnna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is an icon on the 'HOME Menu' called "Wii Menu", which will take you to 'vWii Mode'.
I don't remember seeing it, maybe on the quickstart menu, but I disabled that a long time ago when I installed some mods. And since it doesn't go past the profile select screen, I can't even confirm if the option is there.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't remember seeing it, maybe on the quickstart menu, but I disabled that a long time ago when I installed some mods. And since it doesn't go past the profile select screen, I can't even confirm if the option is there.
This is the icon in question:
sNn3l7P.jpg

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: BlueRogueAnna

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Makes sense. Well right now I think I'll leave the WiiU be, I can't do anything anyways. I'm looking for Wii homebrew files to try and play the games on an old wii instead. I'll miss using the gamepad as a controller.
The Open Shop Channel has plenty there.

Reactions: BlueRogueAnna

Laiks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right after hacking your wii u, you should have deleted the update folder, coz if it update but you already hacked your Wii U, of course it'll brick...
Don't you know an app called "UFDiine"? It deletes the update folder of the Wii U. It's on the homebrew app store.
I don't think you can recover from that brick.. See guides on how to mod a WiiU.
I use tiramisu, and I never let the update folder exist(I mean, never undelete the update folder).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt