Hacking WiiU External HDD Save File (BotW)

Newwaverap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have a question. I followed all the steps to get the games working on a USB external drive and everything was working fine. We were playing Breath of the Wild and I had 2 other games on the drive but the drive was too small and I upgraded to a larger 500gb and loaded more games including BotW but my save file for BotW isn't on the system, it's on the smaller HDD? So when I turn the game on from the new drive it wants me to start a new game. How do I access the old drive to load the Zelda save file on my other, larger HDD or is there a site where I can download a save file with similar progress? We were about to face Ganon and we had 378 Koroks, full stamina and 24 hearts. I would HATE to have to find all those Koroks again, I would gladly play the game over but NO KOROKS lol.

Last edited by Newwaverap,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys, I have a question. I followed all the steps to get the games working on a USB external drive and everything was working fine. We were playing Breath of the Wild and I had 2 other games on the drive but the drive was too small and I upgraded to a larger 500gb and loaded more games including BotW but my save file for BotW isn't on the system, it's on the smaller HDD? So when I turn the game on from the new drive it wants me to start a new game. How do I access the old drive to load the Zelda save file on my other, larger HDD or is there a site where I can download a save file with similar progress? We were about to face Ganon and we had 378 Koroks, full stamina and 24 hearts. I would HATE to have to find all those Koroks again, I would gladly play the game over but NO KOROKS lol.
Plug in both drives and move the data over.

Reactions: KeoniAzugon

Newwaverap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug in both drives and move the data over.
I did that and the WiiU tells me I can only use one drive at a time, I went to data management and both USB drives appeared but only the large one displayed data. Now my smaller drive won't display any games even when I only plug it in by itself. Can I plug it to a PC and retrieve only the save data?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I did that and the WiiU tells me I can only use one drive at a time, I went to data management and both USB drives appeared but only the large one displayed data. Now my smaller drive won't display any games even when I only plug it in by itself. Can I plug it to a PC and retrieve only the save data?
The data should show up when you have both drives plugged in in data management, that's the only way to do it.
There has been some research done on being able to access a Wii U formatted HDD from PC but I don't think anything has been released.
It's odd that the smaller drive doesn't display anything. Maybe it got corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone