Filzek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi folks,

I have installed a Duck Tales Remastered to the WIIU Usb, when I try to run this game it ask to update wiiu, so, what do i have to do?

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remove the DNS blocker and update it. Remember to put it back on when you're done.
Or just play as is it doesn't force you to update IIRC.

Unless you're not on 5.5.1?

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Yeah almost all games I installed asked for an update. I am 100% completely offline so what I did was go through all the games, find out which ones were needing updates, using the batch file NUSgrabber method to download all updates at once, and installing them all at once with WUP installer.

That way in the future IF this ever gets blocked, you have all the updates offloaded

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah almost all games I installed asked for an update. I am 100% completely offline so what I did was go through all the games, find out which ones were needing updates, using the batch file NUSgrabber method to download all updates at once, and installing them all at once with WUP installer.

That way in the future IF this ever gets blocked, you have all the updates offloaded

I actually didn't consider that. So in NUSgrabber, when you specify the update you want (like "v" whatever) that is the update file only?

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I actually didn't consider that. So in NUSgrabber, when you specify the update you want (like "v" whatever) that is the update file only?
Yeah, its literally the exact same number as the game title, except one number (its always the same) gets changed to a U or something. Totally forgot what it is as its not in front of me but look it up. Create a bat file and just do

nusgrabber.exe (game update title)
etc..

lets that bad boy run over night. When you get back, throw them all on an SD card and install like normal. Now you have all the updates installed and have them backed up as well!

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, its literally the exact same number as the game title, except one number (its always the same) gets changed to a U or something. Totally forgot what it is as its not in front of me but look it up. Create a bat file and just do

etc..

lets that bad boy run over night. When you get back, throw them all on an SD card and install like normal. Now you have all the updates installed and have them backed up as well!
00050000 gameid like 10197F00

This number.

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Why not just use Wii U USB helper?? It downloads the game along with the update, queues downloads, has the ability to resume downloads, and installs your games directly to your SD card.

EDIT: And if you want to avoid the ticket hassle, you can use utikdownloadhelper, it'll let you download all or any single one of: game/update/dlc

Last edited by naughty_cat,

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to block game update checks I'm pretty sure you can also block tagaya.wup.shop.nintendo.net and then the Wii U wouldn't be able to contact the game update server...

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Why not just use Wii U USB helper?? It downloads the game along with the update, queues downloads, has the ability to resume downloads, and installs your games directly to your SD card.

EDIT: And if you want to avoid the ticket hassle, you can use utikdownloadhelper, it'll let you download all or any single one of: game/update/dlc
I grabbed the entire library BEFORE this was made haha

Would have saved me some time im sure haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.