Hacking WiiU 5.4.0U, which hacking guide do I follow?

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, is it like the 3DS where you update it with a newer firmware while protecting your original firmware?

Aside from games, I hear newer versions of the firmware allowed you to have user profiles, there are 6 of us in the family and I definitely need a profile I can password protect :)

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update your wii u. 5.5.1 is the best and latest firmware. This is a complete guide to all the new hacks
https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

How do I update it to 5.5.1? Does that version contain the profile creation?

Lastly, which hacking do you guys recommend? I have no idea what to choose. I don't use cheats so that isn't important to me, I would like to use one like the 3DS that lets me download the game straight from the Wii U, an something that supports DLC, and e store content and makes games playable online.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update it to 5.5.1? Does that version contain the profile creation?

Lastly, which hacking do you guys recommend? I have no idea what to choose. I don't use cheats so that isn't important to me, I would like to use one like the 3DS that lets me download the game straight from the Wii U, an something that supports DLC, and e store content and makes games playable online.
Go to system settings and update the console (Make sure update block DNS is off). Or just leave the console in standbye with DNS off and the console will update itself.

The guide I link will install CBHC which will autoboot into sig patches so you can install games and dlc to the homemenu. https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go to system settings and update the console (Make sure update block DNS is off). Or just leave the console in standbye with DNS off and the console will update itself.

The guide I link will install CBHC which will autoboot into sig patches so you can install games and dlc to the homemenu. https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Cool, I didn't realize 5.5.1 is the latest update, hasn't that been out since January, surprised it hasn't been updated.

Also, with that link you gave me, I can just plug in my 128GB USB to do the USB port of the Wii U and follow that guide and I'm good to go? Thanks again.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, with that link you gave me, I can just plug in my 128GB USB to do the USB port of the Wii U and follow that guide and I'm good to go? Thanks again.
Yes but make sure you backup a of the USB as it will be formatted so only the wii u can read it. You will also need an sd card so you can install games. Any size works but i recommend at least 16 gb as wii u games can be big.

depparted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes but make sure you backup a of the USB as it will be formatted so only the wii u can read it. You will also need an sd card so you can install games. Any size works but i recommend at least 16 gb as wii u games can be big.
SD cards for games installations should be 32GB, just to be safe. XCX is 20GB, 32 with DLC and updates. I THINK that it is the largest game on the system, so 32GB should be enough

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend basic Sysnand/IOSUHAX right now, rednands not worth it until we need to update and vWii is working.

AFTER your all setup and stable look in to haxchi, it's optional.

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm following the tutorial in the above link, which Brain age game is it that I need to buy? Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! ?

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should do haxchi for CBHC. redNAND isn't useful until big N releases a new update

Sorry, just a little confused, I'm following this tutorial, https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

I've done steps 0,1,2,3

Step 4, only gives the following options:

Mocha CFW
Modifying Haxchi
Haxchi for Mocha CFW
Haxchi for Mocha CFW with redNAND

Is CBHC option 5? Cold boot Haxchi? I got a little scared when it says it easy to brick the Wii U.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, just a little confused, I'm following this tutorial, https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

I've done steps 0,1,2,3

Step 4, only gives the following options:

Mocha CFW
Modifying Haxchi
Haxchi for Mocha CFW
Haxchi for Mocha CFW with redNAND

Is CBHC option 5? Cold boot Haxchi? I got a little scared when it says it easy to brick the Wii U.
Do Mocha CFW. You don't need CBHC but it is recommended.

akificko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will also update to 5.5.1 to make all this stuff about cfw.

I have also just a few questions:

- latest fw is still 5.5.1 as i see right?

- the games which are used for haxchi installation are both listed for USA end EUR versions right? There is not a different game list for EUR?

- i will use FlimFlam69's Guide, can i just go step by step with that?

- i also want to hack the vWii mode. Should i first finish wiiu modding and after that vwii modding? Or the reverse is better? And does the vwii modding guide will be exactly same with or without wiiu modding? Can i use directly the vwii modding guides here in gbatemp?

- finally i really would know if we finally can play the downloaded games Online multiplayer with loadiine or whatever homebrew is used after haxchi? And after nus server blocking is this still possible?

Thanks anyone who will help me kindly. I read so much but this time it seems really more complicated than classic wii softmod or 3ds cfw process :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol