Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I was a lot in internet settings but never changed it back the dns settings or any other settings to factory. (5.3.2)
whenever i go into internet settings and change the settings of my current internet if i go to dns its blank even after i set it up so idk if it clears it for you suspecting your using a new dns or if it clears it after you put it in. whatever the case im still getting the red X and eshop still cant connect so i suppose it resets when you go to change stuff.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
whenever i go into internet settings and change the settings of my current internet if i go to dns its blank even after i set it up so idk if it clears it for you suspecting your using a new dns or if it clears it after you put it in. whatever the case im still getting the red X and eshop still cant connect so i suppose it resets when you go to change stuff.

If i went into the dns settings but i not changed it just viewed and after that went back with B button it never changed the settings.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i went into the dns settings but i not changed it just viewed and after that went back with B button it never changed the settings.
I'm spoofed to firmware 5.5.1 and I use tubehax. Never had a problem. Turning off auto updates isn't enough!

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Lol you think someone replying to a thread means they care about a certain post? Hilarious.
Stickies are "stuck" at the top of every forum category. (Generally) You can't miss them. And are pretty much common knowledge that they exist.
Don't worry I won't "care" any more.
I'll just leave this here.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye...-was-fun-while-it-lasted.417723/#post-6142253
where are you mr know it all, we need you. Cant find anywhere on stickies, i never able to manage updates blocking, the only solution worked for me is to block mac address, blocking mac address = delete connection, no internet at all

Reactions: elm

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where are you mr know it all, we need you. Cant find anywhere on stickies, i never able to manage updates blocking, the only solution worked for me is to block mac address, blocking mac address = delete connection, no internet at all

Literally the first sticky :

The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

How do I block updates?
·
Use TubeHax DNS!! This will still allow you to use internet if you want, and only blocks Nintendo's update servers. It is ran by smea, who is very reputable in the 3DS hacking scene.

Set up TubeHax DNS on your Wii U:
1. Go to Wii U Menu/System Settings/Internet/Connect to the Internet

2. Input your router's SSID and password (typically WPA2-PSK AES)
3. Input settings as follows:
IP Address: Auto-obtain
DNS: Don't Auto-obtain
Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065 (TubeHax DNS)
Note: This will leave you unable to access YouTube
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Note: This should make your Wii U fail to connect to the internet if TubeHax fails, though it's not confirmed.

Additional preventative measures:
A. Block by URL Filtering (allows internet access still)
B. Block your Wii U's MAC Address (no internet access at all, can only run self-hosted files)
Note: Your router settings page is typicallyhttp://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1

A. Block by URL Filtering in your router settings
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
B. Block your Wii U's MAC Address in your router settings
1. Go to Wii U Menu/System Settings/Internet/View MAC Address
2. Type the string you see into your MAC address filter (Ex: b8-ae-4e-48-36-fe)

FAQ:
this website.

To check if your router is properly blocking the URLs:
Domain: <copy/paste one of the URLs>
Server: localhost
Query: A (IPv4 address)

To check if TubeHax DNS is properly blocking the URLs:
Server: 107.211.140.065

If you get something like the following, you know it's working (127.0.0.1 is a loopback address to your computer):
Quoted from KLOTH.NET:
Name: cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
Address: 127.0.0.1
If you get something like the following, you know it's not working:
Quoted from KLOTH.NET:
DNS server handling your query: localhost
DNS server's address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com canonical name = nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net.
Name: nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net
Address: 174.35.71.7
Address: 174.35.71.8
If you get something like the following, I have noidea what it means for blocking (it shows this whenI test TubeHax DNS lol):

Reactions: Azeryn

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Literally the first sticky :

The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

How do I block updates?
·
Use TubeHax DNS!! This will still allow you to use internet if you want, and only blocks Nintendo's update servers. It is ran by smea, who is very reputable in the 3DS hacking scene.

Set up TubeHax DNS on your Wii U:
1. Go to Wii U Menu/System Settings/Internet/Connect to the Internet

2. Input your router's SSID and password (typically WPA2-PSK AES)
3. Input settings as follows:
IP Address: Auto-obtain
DNS: Don't Auto-obtain
Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065 (TubeHax DNS)
Note: This will leave you unable to access YouTube
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Note: This should make your Wii U fail to connect to the internet if TubeHax fails, though it's not confirmed.

Additional preventative measures:
A. Block by URL Filtering (allows internet access still)
B. Block your Wii U's MAC Address (no internet access at all, can only run self-hosted files)
Note: Your router settings page is typicallyhttp://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1

A. Block by URL Filtering in your router settings
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
B. Block your Wii U's MAC Address in your router settings
1. Go to Wii U Menu/System Settings/Internet/View MAC Address
2. Type the string you see into your MAC address filter (Ex: b8-ae-4e-48-36-fe)

FAQ:
this website.

To check if your router is properly blocking the URLs:
Server: localhost

To check if TubeHax DNS is properly blocking the URLs:
Server: 107.211.140.065

If you get something like the following, you know it's working (127.0.0.1 is a loopback address to your computer):
Quoted from KLOTH.NET:
Name: cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
Address: 127.0.0.1
If you get something like the following, you know it's not working:
Quoted from KLOTH.NET:
DNS server handling your query: localhost
DNS server's address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com canonical name = nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net.
Address: 174.35.71.7
Address: 174.35.71.8
If you get something like the following, I have noidea what it means for blocking (it shows this whenI test TubeHax DNS lol):
Did i forgot to mention you, anywhere in stickies doesnt solve my problem? Its still connected to internet, the only solution worked for me is blocking mac address. Its means No internet at all, cant even connect to local plex server too

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of tubehax is so you can still use the internet. It only blocks updates. If it's not working for you then you are doing something wrong.

And idk why you would even block your mac address because at that point you should just delete the internet connection in the Wii U settings.

Last edited by crwys,
Reactions: Azeryn

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WiiU that has been offline until now because of the most recent developments. The console has been prompting me to update, and I kept saying no. Now I see it updated on its own even though auto updates is disabled. I did not authorize any update. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes just 4 days ago. I was at 5.3.2 U and I had the automatic updates "disabled" and one morning it updated on it's own. It pissed me off something terrible, I'm still mad that I can't play my copied games.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't blink. Blink and your console is updated. Nintendo is fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

Sorry.
even faster than sonic?

Well, op is screwed, sorry... but hey, someday we will get kernel or iosu, just wait patiently :)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The point of tubehax is so you can still use the internet. It only blocks updates. If it's not working for you then you are doing something wrong.

And idk why you would even block your mac address because at that point you should just delete the internet connection in the Wii U settings.
Cuz routers are faster than wiiu console menus.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
OK This is a Warning

I noticed that if you don't press "Don't update" when it asks you, after a couple of seconds it starts downloading the updates anyway!! I blocked all the websites in my router and it didn't matter! I had to unplug the console from the wall to make it stop and luckily I made it in time!

Don't leave your Wii U unattended, if you're not using it unplug it, in this day an age computers update and do whatever they want without your consent! Just look at
Windows 10 lol

Last edited by Zeriel,

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can leave your Wii U plugged in as long as you have updates blocked or it's default internet setting isn't available. If it is just delete it.
Common sense

D

Deleted User

You can leave your Wii U plugged in as long as you have updates blocked or it's default internet setting isn't available. If it is just delete it.
Common sense
Still, I would leave the Wii U unplugged everytime you're not using it. ya know, just in case the update does (unlikely) slip through the protection. There are some very paranoid users (including me) on this site. :rofl:

Reactions: Raylight

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have blocked the urls after the console has already started downloading the update of course it won't work, it applies only to new connections.
Did i forgot to mention you, anywhere in stickies doesnt solve my problem? Its still connected to internet, the only solution worked for me is blocking mac address. Its means No internet at all, cant even connect to local plex server too
Read your router guide and configure it properly, the stickies are not dummy proof.

Maverick923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes just 4 days ago. I was at 5.3.2 U and I had the automatic updates "disabled" and one morning it updated on it's own. It pissed me off something terrible, I'm still mad that I can't play my copied games.
I feel your pain......... I would not talk about what I do with my WIIU just in case.

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Something was wrongly configured. My router doesn't have url filtering, but blocks internet access to any given MAC adress or IP. Have also smealum's DNS set. In order to make changes, they need to be accepted and the router restarted, this is common to all routers I've had.

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WiiU that has been offline until now because of the most recent developments. The console has been prompting me to update, and I kept saying no. Now I see it updated on its own even though auto updates is disabled. I did not authorize any update. Has this happened to anyone else?
Why, when all posts and guides tell you to keep it off the net, do you even configure a connection in the Wii U that has a path to the internet? I use an ezshare card and I have been running 5.3.2 without any issues at all, and no updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs