Hacking WIIU 5.4.0 updated to 5.5.1 on its own

Maverick923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WiiU that has been offline until now because of the most recent developments. The console has been prompting me to update, and I kept saying no. Now I see it updated on its own even though auto updates is disabled. I did not authorize any update. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by Maverick923,
Reactions: street

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I forgot which firmware version it was (was about a year ago), but it had in the changelog that it would download firmware updates in the background. It obviously can't install the firmware in the background, but it could be just a wrong click from one of your room members.

Didn't have it happen myself. But really: there's a good reason why all guides on this section start with actually blocking the site outside of your wiiu.

skalienx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U will update and install system updates in the background, in sleep mode, if you blink, ect... unless you block updates with tubehax or by blocking update servers in your router (ideally both). Automatic updates setting pertains to game updates, not FW updates.

Last edited by skalienx,

Maverick923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was just me, and I did not even see it install. I just booted it up and it was there. I had auto update disabled. This is super disappointing. I could not even get homebrew launcher installed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wii U will update and install in the background, in sleep mode, if you blink, ect... unless you block updates with tubehax or by blocking update servers in your router. Automatic updates setting pertains to game updates, not FW updates.
That sucks!!! I thought all this time it was for FW updates. I only got to play pong and that is as far as I got. I sure hope this does not happen to anyone else.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that's kinda annoying. I hope it gives a warning while it does all of this, as I tend to just unplug shit, to save energy.

I don't own a Wii-U, yet.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U will update and install system updates in the background, in sleep mode, if you blink, ect... unless you block updates with tubehax or by blocking update servers in your router (ideally both). Automatic updates setting pertains to game updates, not FW updates.
Don't blink. Blink and your console is updated. Nintendo is fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

Sorry.

Maverick923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people keep making threads like this. No one fucking cares, boo hoo, waaaaa, read the stickies. Christ
You cared if you replied. You have added nothing constructive to this thread. Why not try some positive reinforcement. I am sorry, but I use google to do my searches, and maybe I did not see a stickie.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cared if you replied. You have added nothing constructive to this thread. Why not try some positive reinforcement. I am sorry, but I use google to do my searches, and maybe I did not see a stickie.
Lol you think someone replying to a thread means they care about a certain post? Hilarious.
Stickies are "stuck" at the top of every forum category. (Generally) You can't miss them. And are pretty much common knowledge that they exist.
Don't worry I won't "care" any more.
I'll just leave this here.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye...-was-fun-while-it-lasted.417723/#post-6142253

Reactions: Azeryn

Maverick923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol you think someone replying to a thread means they care about a certain post? Hilarious.
Stickies are "stuck" at the top of every forum category. (Generally) You can't miss them. And are pretty much common knowledge that they exist.
Don't worry I won't "care" any more.
I'll just leave this here.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye...-was-fun-while-it-lasted.417723/#post-6142253
Thank you for your input. I am sorry my thread was such an inconvenience for such a veteran user like yourself. I know you don't care, but thank you for your response.

Reactions: digipimp75

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't blink. Blink and your console is updated. Nintendo is fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

Sorry.
tumblr_mw1sztSNSD1s2wqx2o1_500.gif

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Why do people keep making threads like this. No one fucking cares, boo hoo, waaaaa, read the stickies. Christ
I care, yesterday my wiiu updated itself even i've setup tubehax and block nintendo server url, it's somehow just still connected and updated

D

Deleted-355425

My wiiu tried to download the update itself, it changed the DNS settings on its own somehow and got around tubehax.

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know how would it change the DNS automatically. I just keep a fixed IP, fixed DNS to TubeDNS and Wii MAC blocked on the router, no issues here.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Im already on 5.5.1 so idk i get the "X" on the updater but everytime i go into internet settings the dns it back to factory settings

I was a lot in internet settings but never changed it back the dns settings or any other settings to factory. (5.3.2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou