Walwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Big breakthrough.
Congratulations.

Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu crashed at the beginning of the first battle on other emulators. On wiisxrx 20220618 it didn't work and on this wiisxrx 20220701 it works perfectly. Thanks

Tested on WiiU, boot through bios on sd

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I made a Korean font, including kr.lang, retroarch msg_ hash_ko and characters in configurable USB loader kr.lang.
Confirm the display effect and correctness of Korean in the new version :)

Thank you for your strong support!!!

It's perfect if you only solve 2 problems.

1st) The output is truncated at the end of the character. I think it's because of characters outside some 24x24 area.

ex) video = 비디오

video.png

2nd) As a result, The strokes of the consonants "ㅏ" and "ㅑ" are cut off and output as "l".

ex) Korean = 국어 (good) / 국어 (Bad)

korean.png

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
psx emulation is amazing xD now i hope we get cdda to get complete sound on most games xD
you said it

Next one is get CDDA support for make the games play their music (ex. GTA which can be played but you can't hear the music) and also work properly (ex. Vib-Ribbon, while the game works it cannot be played because it uses CDDA for generate the levels).

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for update!

My suggestions / feature requests:
- option to hide all files except CUE - now hidding unnesesery files works only for games with only one track
... or maybe some interface with game covers (to look more like eg. USB Loader GX)?
- fix third party Classic Controlers (now they cause cursor lagging and analog sticks don't work properly) - same problem was in USB Loader GX and @blackb0x has fixed it
- option to resize screen to fit into TV area (on my TV screen is a little too high and a little too narrow - I have black lines on right and left and don't see lowest and highest parts - in another apps/games is OK) - again, USB Loader GX is a good example

I've tested some games (eg. Xena Warrior Princess, Game of Life, Sno-Cross Championship Racing - every worked well and can be added to list) not listed in Compatibility List, and only one does not work (Uprising X). So... amazing job.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for update!

- option to hide all files except CUE - now hidding unnesesery files works only for games with only one track
... or maybe some interface with game covers (to look more like eg. USB Loader GX)?
- fix third party Classic Controlers (now they cause cursor lagging and analog sticks don't work properly) - same problem was in USB Loader GX and @blackb0x has fixed it
- option to resize screen to fit into TV area (on my TV screen is a little too high and a little too narrow - I have black lines on right and left and don't see lowest and highest parts - in another apps/games is OK) - again, USB Loader GX is a good example

I've tested some games (eg. Xena Warrior Princess, Game of Life, Sno-Cross Championship Racing - every worked well and can be added to list) not listed in Compatibility List, and only one does not work (Uprising X). So... amazing job.
so your prioritys is doing cosmetic stuff instead of focusing on improving compatibility/performance or missing features like cdda?

what your asking is for stuff that should be done when everything works perfectly...

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The new update crashes if I change any BIOS settings and if I keep pressing the down button it won't let me get to the save setting either. I'd guess that it's due to this commit.

I'm really happy that the classic version of Resident Evil 1 can now be played on a Wii, although there are some minor issues. For example, you'll continue to hear the PSX BIOS audio until the Capcom video plays and if you skip the intro video it'll continue to play the videos audio while you're viewing the main menu. But other than that and a few flickering polygons in the room that almost turns Jill into a sandwich I think the game is playable from start to finish :)

Last edited by blackb0x,

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Thanks for update!

Not all games have the cue file, even me I have some games without it, like 2 in ISO

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not all games have the cue file, even me I have some games without it, like 2 in ISO
So it should be an option. Plus option to hide file extensions (if showing only CUE).

@pedro702 - of course priority should be improving compatibility and performance. It's so obvious that it's not nesesery to write that requests.

Reactions: Doux91 and Kopimist

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Like you add chinese translation I could help translating the emulator to spanish if you tell me how

@Doux91

@xjsxjs197 added support for load fonts from both SD and USB in this commit: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/ebde9da7f00030d798bf0fed1f98d1b1c4bf37c9

This will be avaliable on the next version, but if you can't wait for test it, i can compile a version of WiiSXRX_2022 with the latest commits.
I will wait, at least the project is alive at this moment, maybe mupen 64 could be the next one day

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Like you add chinese translation I could help translating the emulator to spanish if you tell me how

I will wait, at least the project is alive at this moment, maybe mupen 64 could be the next one day

Ref to my reply on this thread. Also you wii ready form translation as below link file of kr/zh.lang

https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/tree/main/lang

## make font process
I made a Korean font, including kr.lang, retroarch msg_ hash_ko and characters in configurable USB loader kr.lang.
Confirm the display effect and correctness of Korean in the new version :)

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you for your strong support!!!

It's perfect if you only solve 2 problems.

1st) The output is truncated at the end of the character. I think it's because of characters outside some 24x24 area.

ex) video = 비디오

View attachment 316082

2nd) As a result, The strokes of the consonants "ㅏ" and "ㅑ" are cut off and output as "l".

ex) Korean = 국어 (good) / 국어 (Bad)

View attachment 316083
OK, I will fix it in the next version

Rayearthen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for this, OP! I'm very grateful

Here are the results of what I've tested to see what works:

Edit: ( I would check the ones that outright crashed again, because I'm noticing after some rechecking that some that worked before might not a second time, and I'm thinking the issue there is maybe my loading multiple ISOs in succession to test them, which I did the first time, too. I might go back and recheck the ones that crashed outright.

It's also possible I'm misunderstanding what I'm seeing. The game that is giving me trouble is ffvi. It worked previously as seen below, but is failing to load now. Reset the Wii u after and tried again. Failed to load again and now the next game I try will crash the Wii u. Same with ffiv)

PoPoLoCrois monogatari ii (English patch) - no audio in opening movie. Failed to save. The opening text stays on the screen instead of going away. Future text overlaps it. Plays fine if you can ignore the permanent onscreen text

Brave Prove (English patch) - works fine. On exiting however it says "failed to save game"

Community pom (English patch) - runs perfectly. I got sucked into this one and the game crashed about an hour in. Had saved within the game, but it didn't take. Says "failed to save" on exit

Dr slump (English patch) - runs fine. Says "failed to save" when I exit

Echo night 2 (English patch) - unplayable. No button input and screen is in the upper right corner and shrunken

Harmful park (English patch) - plays great. Failed to save

Langrisser iv (English patch) - works perfect. Failed to save

Mizzurna falls (English patch) crashes. Unplayable.

Moon (English patch) - works great. Failed to save game

Bomberman fantasy race froze after a race. Both game and emulator are on a 128gb SD card. Screen froze, but if I pressed buttons the sounds associated with them were registering, just not reflected on screen

Otherwise it looked like it was playing perfectly

Tail concerto - no issues aside from the input periodically sticking

Tactics ogre let us cling together - no button input and can't press home. But graphics not frozen. Unplayable

Suikoden 2 is great. Fps hovers around 53

Suikoden runs perfectly, but I didn't try a fight

Strider 2 is perfect (this game is awesome)

Strider works fine

Street fighter ex2 plus - fps is about 45-50. Audio stutters. Playable

Street fighter collection 2 - seems to be perfect

Street fighter alpha 3 - perfect

Star ocean second story works perfectly, but I didn't try a fight

Sim city 2000 - black screen. Unplayable

Saga frontier 2 - opening scene of a battle is warped, like it's at a diagonal it shouldn't be. Also crashed as I was running around

Saga frontier perfect

Rpg maker is perfect

Ride racer revolution works fine

Rhapsody - magical melody. Takes a long time before you can control the character beyond when you should be able to. Seems to be on screen transitions. It just stands there and button inputs don't register for awhile, but the music and animations continue. Moved to the second screen and same thing. It's "playable" technically, if you're really patient.

R4 - ridge racer type 4 works perfect

Mortal Kombat trilogy works great

Monsterseed works perfectly

Misadventures of Tron bonne - graphical issues on the right side on loading. Voice acting garbled. Game itself plays fine. I stopped before the first boss

Metal gear solid - somewhat garbled audio during the opening cut scene. Game itself plays fine

Mega man X4 works great. Only thing is that the text is a little overly spaced out. That might be a thing with the game itself though. Has no impact on ability to play

MegaMan legends - crashes, doesn't load. Says (dsi) exception or something similar

MegaMan 8 plays perfectly

Lunar eternal blue - there's a speed thing happening that's messing with the text, audio and graphics. Things are going way too fast. I wouldn't consider this really playable, although technically you can if you're okay zooming everywhere. Battles are normal speed

Lunar silver star story - movies are off center. The game itself is centered properly. But on opening the menu the screen goes black. Button inputs still work, but you can't see what's happening. Unplayable

Legend of Mana works great, but I had one instance where my Wii u crashed while in game. Loaded it up again to try to replicate it but couldn't

Legend of dragoon works great

Koudelka - audio and graphical bugs. Fps hovers around 53-54

Jade cocoon - no issues. Fought the first battle

Grandia - Voice acting in the opening scene is weird. Not synced all the time, sometimes repeats or overlaps on itself. A little bit of freezing when "Grandia" appears in screen in a new game. Seems fine otherwise. Didn't try combat

Incredible crisis seems to work perfectly

Legend of Legaia works well. But I didn't go far enough to try combat

Knockout kings 2001 runs at about 35-45fps. Not great for a boxing game. Playable but not what I would call Very Playable

Knockout kings 2000 plays totally fine. Didn't see any issues

Klonoa door to phantomile - movies run great, audio fine. Game runs at about 45-47 fps. Still totally playable

King of fighters 99 works great. Minor fps slowdown

King of fighters 95 works great. Didn't see any issues

Guilty gear - fps varies from between 40-50. However, it's playable

Gran Turismo 2 has very long loading times right now. I wouldn't consider this playable.

Gran Turismo 1 works perfectly

Ergheiz runs at about 30 FPS. Audio stutters too.

Einhanders fine. Graphics, audio, fps, all good

(Tried a couple romhacks, hopefully but not optimistically - legend of dragoon bug fix version crashes my Wiiu. Gran Turismo 2 combined disc version doesn't load)

Front Mission 3: fps is fine, audio is fine, but graphic issues during combat. Robot disappears at times, textures on the ground disappear at times

Final fantasy VIII - stuttering audio and between 35-45 fps on opening. A lot of small freezing at regular intervals during the first movie, but fps doesn't seem to dip. The game itself appears to play fine. Made it to where you can walk. Didn't try combat. Looks like in any movie there will be those regular short freezes

Final fantasy vii plays totally fine. Minor FPS dip on opening.Didn't see any issues. Did the first fight, watched the opening cut scene

Final fantasy tactics - fps drops to 50 at points, but it's a turn based strategy game, so it has no/minimal impact on enjoyability

Final fantasy ix appears to play perfectly. Cut scenes are fine. Did the first fight. Everything's swell

Final fantasy Chronicles IV seems to play perfectly. Didn't make it to a combat section

Final fantasy vi - works great except for kind of long screen transition times. Not sure if that's inherent to this port of the game, however. Didn't test combat

Echo night works perfectly as far as I can tell. Got as far as where it asks you to crouch and I couldn't figure out how

Driver 2 works great

Darkstalkers the night warriors players perfectly

Chrono trigger - works great, just an odd bit of loading time getting in and out of menu screens, and going through doors

Final fantasy anthology - ffv: audio cuts out. Seems to play fine otherwise

Darkstalkers 3 works great.

Chrono cross - going into battle the fps can drop to about 20, albeit briefly. Seems to be just for the first battle. Battles after that first don't have as severe a FPS drop. It's fine otherwise

Bushido Blade interestingly won't launch with two controllers connected. Launches fine with just one. Plays fine

Bushido Blade 2 works great. Some minor audio stuttering. Also won't launch if a second controllers connected

Bomberman party edition works perfectly, no issues.

Castlevania symphony of the night runs great. Beat the intro boss. Whew, that voice acting is cheesy

Driver You are the Wheelman: works great. I didn't get past the first mission, though

Bomberman World runs perfectly. Little freeze frame-y looking on the start screen, but I think that's probably inherent to the game itself. Played a round

Bloody roar II, fps is about 30. So music stutters a lot.

Alundra works fine, however load time on entering doors is a little long, to the point that you might think the game froze

Alundra 2 works perfectly as far as I made it. Cut scenes fine, got to the combat areas, combats fine.

Last edited by Rayearthen,

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello. what's wrong with vandal hearts 1 on ps1? it seems to be perfect. The first combat begins and we can choose our movements and everything works fine until the combat turn passes to the enemy group and the music stays playing and the console does not execute the enemy's turn... can that be fixed? it's my favorite game of all time... I wish the emulator could be seen at 240p. thanks friend

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
X-Men Mutant Academy - works without music
Jackie Chan Stuntmaster - works
X-Men Mutant Academy 2 - works without music
X-men Children of Atom - crashes at main menu
Tom and Jerry House Trap - works but input doesn't respond

DavaLava

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Has anyone figured out a way to change the resolution to 240p like SuperrSonic did on his WiiSX Silver fork?
That's the only thing that I seem to can't get over. Symphony of the Night just doesn't look right in 480i xd.
But still, thank you all for still supporting the Wii scene! :)

Reactions: 0arsoluto

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Final fantasy vi - works great except for kind of long screen transition times. Not sure if that's inherent to this port of the game, however. Didn't test combat
The port of Final Fantasy VI to the PS1 is notorious for its horrendous load times. Especially transitioning from the map to the in game battles. So this is a fault of Square not the emulator.

Reactions: Rayearthen

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Has anyone figured out a way to change the resolution to 240p like SuperrSonic did on his WiiSX Silver fork?
That's the only thing that I seem to can't get over. Symphony of the Night just doesn't look right in 480i xd.
But still, thank you all for still supporting the Wii scene! :)
for me it is the most important of any wii emulator that runs at its original resolution (240p in this case of ps1). The problem is that the ps1 has different video modes, even interlaced instead of progressive when the game had a very large graphic load and the machine could not manage it in progressive mode. that together with some higher resolution still images makes setting each video mode in each situation one thing...impossible?...but i agree with you ps1 on wii should go to 240p like wiisx silver's Super Sonic. games on a crt with a 240p rgb cable look and play amazing. should be the first premise of the emulator. what makes the wii different from other emulation systems is its ATI graphics and being able to play games at their original resolution on a CRT tv. otherwise it doesn't make much sense

Reactions: DavaLava

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all