Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
This only works in SD 😐 wiisx rx works pretty well in usb, I just use hdd for everything in wii, I will wait for the next release
Is the font on your USB?

@GustavoReis

Please read this part of the README:

It's included in the downloads of the release of this mod:
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/releases/download/20220618/wiisxrx_2022_Ver20220618.zip

^ This post explains what your problem is.
Black screen upon booting the app means no font was found.

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello friends. I have made a small list of games that go in this version of the emulator.

Games that now work well or that the music already works:

Cyber Org (Japan) (music. one of the best ps1 soundtracks)

Dangan (Japan) [SLPS-02609] (music)

Felony_11-79 (game no longer cuts out at the end of the first phase)

Geki-Oh ShienRyu (Japan) [SLPS-02056] (music. very good soundtrack)

Harmful Park (English v1.1) (music)

Soukaigi (Japan) (Disc 1) (game didn't work before. one of the best video game soundtracks of all time)

Space Shot (game was previously unplayable due to fatal graphical error)

Hooters - Road Trip (USA) (game now fully working)

Side by Side Special /2000 (J) (music)

Matian Gothic Unificattion (PAL) (no longer has a lack of coordination between voices and texts)

Ninja Jajamarukun Onigiri Ninpouchou (J) (music...I think that before the music was not heard)

Games that still don't work or the music still doesn't work:

Gaia Seed (J) (no music)

Nekketsu Oyako (Japan) [En by PentarouZero v1.0d] (not working)

Running High (J) (no music)

Last edited by 0arsoluto,

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
This only works in SD 😐 wiisx rx works pretty well in usb, I just use hdd for everything in wii, I will wait for the next release
Loaded isos in my hdd and worked very well.

Bomberman - (works)
Ape escape - (works)
Rally cross - (works)
Power Rangers lightspeed rescue - (works)
Road rash 3D - (works)
Road rash 1995 - (works)
Destruction derby 2 - (Championship mode freeze)
Blast chamber - (controls not work)
Croc - (works)
Final fantasy 9 - (works)
Driver 2 disk one(1.1) - (works)
GT all japan grand touring (freeze in menu)
Ridge racer revolution - (no music, only sfx)

Last edited by GustavoReis,

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Loaded isos in my hdd and worked very well.

Bomberman - (works)
Ape escape - (works)
Rally cross - (works)
Power Rangers lightspeed rescue - (works)
Road rash 3D - (works)
Road rash 1995 - (works)
Destruction derby 2 - (Championship mode freeze)
Blast chamber - (controls not work)
Croc - (work)
Final fantasy 9 - (works)
Driver 2 disk one(1.1) - (works)
GT all japan grand touring (freeze in menu)
Ridge racer revolution - (no music, only sfx)
But where do u have the dol?

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
tested the following games with bios:

harmful park (english translated) - works
looney tunes sheep raider - works
x-men vs. street fighter - works
crash bandicoot 2 - works
walt disney magical tour - works
simpsons wrestling - works
Asuka 120 Final - Burning Fest. Final - works
smurfs racing - works
woody woodpecker racing - stucks at "press start" screen, pressing start doesn't work

Doux91, this wiisxrx_2022 build works very well with .dol being in sd:/apps/wiisxrx folder and games on usb hdd. this is how i use it.
you should also have the correct bios file on sd card or the usb drive. then choose the source for the bios on settings screen.
the games don't even load properly without a bios file.
font is also necessary. a few days ago i had the similar black screen problem but adding the font file solved my case.

Last edited by klonoa,

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
But where do u have the dol?
Font file needed in sd root to work well

Screenshot_20220628-220305.png

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Font file needed in sd root to work well

View attachment 315748
But where do you have the dol file? and I mean the dol, fonts are in the zip file, but in usb It does not work, I only use HDD for my wii I do not use sd, so I cannot use this emulator, I must use niuus version at the moment till the next release

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But where do you have the dol file? and I mean the dol, fonts are in the zip file, but in usb It does not work, I only use HDD for my wii I do not use sd, so I cannot use this emulator, I must use niuus version at the moment till the next release
from what i understood if you have the font on sd you can load games from usb but you need an sd card atleast.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
The point is that the fonts HAVE to be on SD, the app won't launch if the fonts are on USB. The .dol can be on USB and still work, but the fonts HAVE to be on SD.

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested FF IX and it works very well except in battles where there is some slowdown in some animations like elemental magic. FMV are fine, just a bit of delay in the audio but not much of a problem.
I'm gonna have to dump my discs and try this. Have you tried this on the vWii with overclocking? I wonder if that would help with the slowdown issues.... I can test if you haven't and report back but it might be a bit. Appointments all day :P

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Strider 2 - works
Croc: The Legend of Gabbots - works
Street Fighter EX2 Plus - works
Darkstalkers 3 (uncensored) - crashes the app
Pandemonium - works
SuperLite 1500 Series: Fantastic Night Dreams - Cotton Original - works without any sound

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thank you very much for this update, it has improved compatibility quite a lot. Now games like Vagrant Story no longer have glitches in graphics and sound and work really well. Also games like Persona 2 now work perfectly (before they froze at the first appearance of your "persona").

As a curiosity I have noticed that many of the existing patches to combine multiple discs into one (https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104) no longer work if the resulting image is larger than a gigabyte. For example the combined iso of Legend of Dragoon (1,54gb) or Policenaut (1,2gb) no longer work with this new version (neither the combined iso of Valkyrie Profile, 1,37gb). I can confirm that the isos of Heart of Darkness (980mb), Tales of Eternia (940mb), Parasite Eve (865mb) and Star Ocean (1,19gb) are working.

This has some importance because there are certain games that do not let you save before the disc change and can give problems to continue with the second disc, as the case of Heart of Darkness, Parasite Eve or Metal Gear Solid (if I remember correctly). Driver 2 is also another one, but it should work fine because its iso is 946mb.

I also have the feeling that this new version takes a little longer to load the games. Anyway, great update!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you very much for this update, it has improved compatibility quite a lot. Now games like Vagrant Story no longer have glitches in graphics and sound and work really well. Also games like Persona 2 now work perfectly (before they froze at the first appearance of your "persona").

As a curiosity I have noticed that many of the existing patches to combine multiple discs into one (https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104) no longer work if the resulting image is larger than a gigabyte. For example the combined iso of Legend of Dragoon (1,54gb) or Policenaut (1,2gb) no longer work with this new version (neither the combined iso of Valkyrie Profile, 1,37gb). I can confirm that the isos of Heart of Darkness (980mb), Tales of Eternia (940mb), Parasite Eve (865mb) and Star Ocean (1,19gb) are working.

This has some importance because there are certain games that do not let you save before the disc change and can give problems to continue with the second disc, as the case of Heart of Darkness, Parasite Eve or Metal Gear Solid (if I remember correctly). Driver 2 is also another one, but it should work fine because its iso is 946mb.

I also have the feeling that this new version takes a little longer to load the games. Anyway, great update!
he did state in the faq there is automatic disc swap now, so im guessing you can do disc swaps easily? i never tryed it tough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: