PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
this build didn't load for me. when i try to run it from homebrew browser, it just shows a black screen.
i didn't come across this problem with other wiisxrx builds, they all load fine.
this is the only homebrew that didn't run for me.

how can i fix it?

Last edited by klonoa,
Reactions: 0arsoluto

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I've been trying to compile this, and there's a problem:

C:\Users\GODREBORN\Desktop\test\WiiSXRX_2022>make Wii
Building Wii...
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/GODREBORN/Desktop/test/WiiSXRX_2022/Gamecube'
linking ... WiiSXRX_debug.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lz
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/wii_rules:25: /home/GODREBORN/Desktop/test/WiiSXRX_2022/Gamecube/WiiSXRX_debug.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Makefile_Wii:119: build_debug] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/GODREBORN/Desktop/test/WiiSXRX_2022/Gamecube'
make: *** [Makefile:23: Wii] Error 2

I'm trying to compile this in windows.
libz.a does not exist. Download this file and put it under portlibs\ppc\lib

Reactions: 0arsoluto

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Can you make an option in settings for this thing? And even more: option to hide file extension?

It would be great, if every game would show as one element in menu.

And another GUI feature request: option to disable some file sources (and, if I use only hard drive, don't show screen to choose source - show game list just after clicking Load ISO).
Good idea, I wii try it in the next version.

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this build didn't load for me. when i try to run it from homebrew browser, it just shows a black screen.
i didn't come across this problem with other wiisxrx builds, they all load fine.
this is the only homebrew that didn't run for me.

how can i fix it?
Maybe the font file [sd:/wiisxrx/fonts/chs.dat] does not exist.
Sorry, it reads font file in a fixed location, which is not clearly explained in Readme

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got past that problem, now this happens:

linking ... WiiSXRX_debug.elf
C:\Users\GODREB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccwvhuts.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `main':
C:/Users/GODREBORN/Desktop/test/WiiSXRX_2022/Gamecube/GamecubeMain.cpp:467: multiple definition of `main'
C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_wii_main.o):C:\Users\Daryl\git\sdl-wii\SDL/src/main/wii/SDL_wii_main.c:53: first defined here
C:\Users\GODREB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccwvhuts.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `ShutdownWii()':
C:/Users/GODREBORN/Desktop/test/WiiSXRX_2022/Gamecube/GamecubeMain.cpp:364: multiple definition of `vmode'
C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_wiivideo.o):(.sbss.vmode+0x0): first defined here
C:\Users\GODREB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccwvhuts.ltrans9.ltrans.o:(.sbss+0x18): multiple definition of `whichfb'
C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_wiivideo.o):C:\Users\Daryl\git\sdl-wii\SDL/src/video/wii/SDL_wiivideo.c:509: first defined here
C:\Users\GODREB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccwvhuts.ltrans9.ltrans.o: In function `PEOPS_GPUwriteDataMem':
C:/Users/GODREBORN/Desktop/test/WiiSXRX_2022/Gamecube/../PeopsSoftGPU/gpu.c:1279: multiple definition of `xfb'
C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_wiivideo.o):C:\Users\Daryl\git\sdl-wii\SDL/src/video/wii/SDL_wiivideo.c:509: first defined here
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_error.o) uses unknown floating point ABI 9
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_audio.o) uses unknown floating point ABI 9
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_audiocvt.o) uses unknown floating point ABI 9
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_sysjoystick.o) uses unknown floating point ABI 9
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_string.o) uses unknown floating point ABI 9
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_wiivideo.o) uses unknown floating point ABI 9
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/6.3.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: Warning: C:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/lib\libz.a(gzwrite.o) uses unknown floating point ABI 9
C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libSDL.a(SDL_wii_main.o): In function `main':
C:\Users\Daryl\git\sdl-wii\SDL/src/main/wii/SDL_wii_main.c:78: undefined reference to `SDL_main'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/wii_rules:25: /home/GODREBORN/Desktop/test/WiiSXRX_2022/Gamecube/WiiSXRX_debug.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Makefile_Wii:119: build_debug] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/GODREBORN/Desktop/test/WiiSXRX_2022/Gamecube'
make: *** [Makefile:23: Wii] Error 2

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nm, I figured it out:

1656248367341.png

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I cannot get this file to work. I think they're the wrong version or file, but it says something about not understanding the symbols. do you have a link to the file or where I can compile it?
Try this attachment

Attachments

• libz.zip
    50.7 KB · Views: 27

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@xjsxjs197

Any reason why did you remove the CUE support to your WiiSX RX?
I know some PS1 games have more than one track and for these i just run the cue for get sure i can play them, but now i can't use them, and i'm restricted to only use BINs, which i don't like to use them and i use most CUEs.

Would you add again the CUE support?

EDIT: Nevermind, i saw this:
Sorry, I haven't tested the game of multiple bins. In order to reduce the display of files, the cue, sub and CCD files have been filtered out, and the next version will be restored. :D

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
I cannot run it in my wii, I am using hdd but it just shows me a black screen, I had not that probem with the older version

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn

Can you send me the libogc and portlibs of your setup for compile WiiSXRX-2022?
I want to compile the latest commits but i couldn't.
I already deleted everything and put the latest back on. I could probably get it set up for you though. you need the two libraries, libwiidrc and libwup in the portlibs/ppc folder. you need the zlib library from the devkitpro link in the op. it's under portlibs, so it goes there as well. use the lower version, otherwise it gives you what seems to be an innocuous warning. it will still build with either. you need the libsdl.a, which I think goes in libogc. use the libogc and devkitPPC r29 from the op as well. you need libfat as well, but you can get the files from github. I think it's mostly fat.h that it mentioned when I was compiling, because I completely deleted the updated libogc I had, thinking something might cause a conflict. if you run into an error when compiling, I may be able to help. that's the gist of what I can remember needing and where to get and place the files. not a single warning, which is very rare with any compilation as you're no doubt aware. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: