Homebrew WiiSXR: Fork of wiisx, a gamecube/wii/vWii psx emulator

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if it's possible for games on Wiisx to read other save files stored in the folder to unlock bonuses this way? In Strider 2 you unlock a secret mission by having a finished save file of it and Strider 1 on the same memory card. Just beat both, saved both, and didn't get the secret level in Strider 2.
or mantis reading your memcard and knowing what you've played o.0 lul

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

mGBA runs every single GBA game on Wii full speed, no sacrifices; VBA GX, I don't know why people would want to use that lol.
if ya don't know about anything better :( well at least mario anf luigi superstar saga ran just fine

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if ya don't know about anything better :( well at least mario anf luigi superstar saga ran just fine

VBA uses speed hacks and frameskipping, this results in choppy framerate and audio issues in more demanding/larger GBA ROMs. mGBA runs these games the way they were meant to run, I'm afraid one doesn't have much choice on Wii.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah that's another great example! The psycho Mantis boss fight was awesome.

-

Sorry for another question but does Wiisxr support cheat codes? I see on the compatibility list that GameShark works with it, but does game specific stuff like the MegaMan X4 Ultimate Armor code work?

EDIT: Finally got home and was able to test! Amazingly, the Megaman X4 cheat does work!! :D Sadly, the game hangs after you beat your first boss from the character select screen. :(

Last edited by SlimPortable,

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to clarify, games that use CDDA music still dont play music in any form?

Like GTA1 for example, which is a shame. Though GTA2 works. Also both X-Com games (though you can enable a 1-loop play of the 2minute theme whenever so..) and Transport Tycoon for example.

Theres like 3 compatbility lists - gbatemp, wiibrew and theres a gbatemp txt file. All 3 lists have varied results and itd be nice to compile them all - for eg. Discworld Noir was working up until yesterday when it started screeching and gave up playing. I wonder if moving the .cue file from the .bin file matters at all? Maybe i should just keep them together.. Just wanted to play discworld noir and its gloomy musix

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to clarify, games that use CDDA music still dont play music in any form?

Like GTA1 for example, which is a shame. Though GTA2 works. Also both X-Com games (though you can enable a 1-loop play of the 2minute theme whenever so..) and Transport Tycoon for example.

Theres like 3 compatbility lists - gbatemp, wiibrew and theres a gbatemp txt file. All 3 lists have varied results and itd be nice to compile them all - for eg. Discworld Noir was working up until yesterday when it started screeching and gave up playing. I wonder if moving the .cue file from the .bin file matters at all? Maybe i should just keep them together.. Just wanted to play discworld noir and its gloomy musix

The emulator hasn't been updated in months, because only one guy is working on it and no one else has interest in helping develop it.

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulator hasn't been updated in months, because only one guy is working on it and no one else has interest in helping develop it.

I understand but my questions still stand, im asking if thats why games like GTA dont play music.

I'm not having a go at the guy for not working on it, im damn grateful for what he's doing, and so many games run great so far!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand but my questions still stand, im asking if thats why games like GTA dont play music.

I'm not having a go at the guy for not working on it, im damn grateful for what he's doing, and so many games run great so far!

Yes, that's the reason why, there's no CD-XA/CDDA support.

Reactions: skarmachild

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's the reason why, there's no CD-XA/CDDA support.

Gotcha, been converting various formats of GTA's disc back and forth trying to get it working - now I know why!

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/wiisx-compatibility-txt.2582/

Anyone know if the above compatbility list is correct for WiiSXr aswell? Blazing Dragons says it works great on that list, but in the game it totally skips any Voice/Text where there are lines of dialogue, making it impossible to follow story. Wonder if that hazs anything to do with CDDA (though the list..)

Thanks (:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, been converting various formats of GTA's disc back and forth trying to get it working - now I know why!

Anyone know if the above compatbility list is correct for WiiSXr aswell? Blazing Dragons says it works great on that list, but in the game it totally skips any Voice/Text where there are lines of dialogue, making it impossible to follow story. Wonder if that hazs anything to do with CDDA (though the list..)

Thanks (:

I don't know of any decent compatibility list, sorry >.>

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You could have just answered his question instead of stating something unuseful and/or bashing the emulator's developer.

Thanks (:
I don't think there's a compatibilty list focused on WiiSXR, since this variation of the original emu came only recently. I would suggest you to use a WiiSX app folder, and a WiiSXR one with their respective different DOLs, so you can rule out which one works for a particular version. Also, try and compile a version of the latter with the latest changes, since it could maybe fix a thing or two (it did for me on Mortal Kombat Trilogy, for example).

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could have just answered his question instead of stating something unuseful and/or bashing the emulator's developer.

I don't think there's a compatibilty list focused on WiiSXR, since this variation of the original emu came only recently. I would suggest you to use a WiiSX app folder, and a WiiSXR one with their respective different DOLs, so you can rule out which one works for a particular version. Also, try and compile a version of the latter with the latest changes, since it could maybe fix a thing or two (it did for me on Mortal Kombat Trilogy, for example).

Sure, I just don't know which compatibility list to update/start, since theres 3...

Apart from the .txt file one of above, theres:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSX/Compatibility
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_compatibility_list_(beta_2)

Those are all for WiiSX. I'm very dumb at this sort of stuff but what do you mean compile a version of the latest changes... I've never compiled anything myself, always downloaded the readily available boot.dol/s

My holy grail is the x-files ps1 FMV game, my god that game is amazing

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sure, I just don't know which compatibility list to update/start, since theres 3...

Apart from the .txt file one of above, theres:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSX/Compatibility
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_compatibility_list_(beta_2)

Those are all for WiiSX. I'm very dumb at this sort of stuff but what do you mean compile a version of the latest changes... I've never compiled anything myself, always downloaded the readily available boot.dol/s
Just that, compiling a new DOL, since there have been some tiny changes.

My holy grail is the x-files ps1 FMV game, my god that game is amazing
I do have the original CDs and box for the PC port. I gotta say, i did enjoyed that game a LOT =D (felt like playing the series directly). I never knew about a PSX port until many many years later, which would make it great to play with emulation. Since i do not have the PSX game, i've never tested it with WiiSXR.

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just that, compiling a new DOL, since there have been some tiny changes.

I do have the original CDs and box for the PC port. I gotta say, i did enjoyed that game a LOT =D (felt like playing the series directly). I never knew about a PSX port until many many years later, which would make it great to play with emulation. Since i do not have the PSX game, i've never tested it with WiiSXR.

(whats the definition if 'compile' in this context?)

Yeah we have the PC game too, me and my sister played it loads. She was a big Xfiles fan and i hadnt really seen much, wouldve been like 7 so i wouldnt have undestood it. I thought the game was super immersive though and I played it recently on PC and its what I remember, though not at all scary now (i was scared by Doom1 back then)..

WiisXr/SX do not run x-files, nor does the official PSX emulator on PSP that has like 95% compatibility with ps1 games... such a shame. Still i have a ps1, just want to play on the big screen rly

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
(whats the definition if 'compile' in this context?)
You need to set a programming environment, in the specific case of the GCN/Wii, it's DevkitPPC. After installing and properly setting up everything, you download the latest source code and compile a binary out of it, so you can use it on the console.

WiisXr/SX do not run x-files, nor does the official PSX emulator on PSP that has like 95% compatibility with ps1 games... such a shame. Still i have a ps1, just want to play on the big screen rly
Wow, that's a shame, it is a really cool game. Thankfully i haven't bought it yet for that purpose.

Last edited by niuus,

rubbersoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys, I have two 3rd party classic controller pro which work excellently on nintendont, Not64 and other wii games. The problem lies on the emulation of WiiSXR which all button works except both left and right analog stick. i have tried to switch to analog on setting and still doesnt work... googling around and i tried... it dont work.. any solution???

Found this website (https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-...h-3rd-party-classic-controller.217245/page-38) but i didnt test it because i failed to compile it...

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the latest version of this emulator? 2.2?
The one found at the link in the first post, first page.
In the future, please do take a minute to see if your would-be question is answered by the first post on the first page.
The download link to the latest build, as well as future builds when released, can be found here: https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr/releases
So, yes, the latest is 2.2.

Last edited by Sticksandstones,

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone comment on how well the Wii U Pro Controller support is on Wiisx? All I've seen is that it's experimental but no comment from people that have tried it. Debating getting one for multiplayer with wiisx without having to buy a second Wii mote for a second wii classic controller.

-

While I'm here I should post how testing went on some more Japan only PS1 games!

KoroKoro Post Nin - Boots up and plays perfectly with frame skip on. It will freeze at the title screen if you don't have control set to Analogue.

Asuka 120% Burning Fest series:
- Final - Boots but freezes at some screen with a message. Can still go back to wiisx menu. Not sure if it'll work if you wait long enough but it never loaded for me.
-Special - Plays pretty perfect around 57~60fps. Can't comment on music since it has like 20 individual tracks and didnt want to mess around with that on my Wii u.
-Excellent - Also plays perfectly but the music does a weird skip sound instead of playing. Not sure why since it's a normal bin 1 and bin 2 with a cue file so I guess it might be the game. As a fighting game though gameplay is what matters and it plays great.

Slap Happy Rhythm Buster's - plays near perfect with frame skip on. Some music tracks will play while others won't for some reason.

Shaman King: Spirit of Shamans - Boots and plays well only once you turn on analogue. Game hangs at a black screen once you win a round though. Then it play random voice tracks in the game. Game isn't too great, however, so not really worth restarting the iso every time to play another round haha.

Last edited by SlimPortable,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

masternoxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's sorely needed is some direct3d-type (hardware accelerated) 640p graphics, because playstation graphics look SO bad. difficult, yes, impossible, probably

I just tried to play silent hill the other day, first on epsxe and it looked great, then on my ps2, and it looked HORRIBLE

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any way to disable dithering in WiiSXR? Because I want to play the games pixel perfect without dithering but dithering options don't work. I've checked the config file and there is no entry for dithering either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime