Homebrew WiiSXR: Fork of wiisx, a gamecube/wii/vWii psx emulator

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Natural I played the dragon baby intro scene with Wiisxr beta 2.3.

Breath of Fire 3 SLUS-00422 (Version 1.1)
Almost locked 60 frames with very good performance.
I used the Dynarec core, limit FPS auto, Frame skip off, and the same sony BIOS you use.

What cIOS are you using? Also I'm using both an SD card and USB Drive. Maybe that could also be interfering with something. Is your Select Bios setting set to HLE or something else? I have no idea what HLE is and the bios is on my SD card but whenever I try to switch to SD I get a "BIOS not found on SD" message. What about your Boot Through Bios setting? Mine is set to "No".

Finally found the problem. I needed to download SCPH1002.bin alongside SCPH1001.bin and I needed to get rid of the "PSX -" in the title of the file. After that I was able to change the "Select Bios" setting from HLE to SD card, load a game, and then select "Execute Bios" to actually play the game. I thought I only needed one .bin file.

Last edited by Natural,
D

Deleted User

Glad to hear you solved the problem. I don´t believe you need to have 2 PSX BIOS, I use the SCPH1001.bin only and have no problems whatsoever.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear you solved the problem. I don´t believe you need to have 2 PSX BIOS, I use the SCPH1001.bin only and have no problems whatsoever.

Then maybe the solution was me installing cIOS202 with Base IOS60. I had tried that beforehand but didn't think to try switching the Bios settings after doing that. Breath of Fire III is running great but the colors are kind of weird and off. Has anyone else experienced this with the WiiSXR with any game?

Last edited by Natural,

destrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, nobody helped me so I tried again. I THINK, after many workarounds, i found how to make it working lol... Well I'm at 50 hours in my final fantasy tactic game !

I downloaded a bios file and another pack of bioses. I was unable to use my wii remote + nunshock and my classic pro.

Inside my pack of bioses, there were a couple folders named differently, with inside, many bios files of the same kind, but different versions. I tried the latest version of every folders and finally found one working. I have no idea if a newest and more stable bios file exist (someone give a link please) and where to download it (all rom websites are down...) but the one working for me was the one named psone-45a.bin inside the folder named NTSC-UC (and of course I renamed it scph1001.bin)

Then, I had (and still have) another major problem. I have no idea if it is my wii remote I received when I bought my wii 7 years ago or one I bought on Ebay, but I bought like around 8 and dropped 5 in the garbage so far lol (chinese stuff...). I can use my classic pro ONLY with that single wii remote. I don't know if my classic pro is the problem or if the problem come from the wii remotes... What it do : when I plug the classic pro and aim the screen with the remote, if the cursor is laggy/bug, I have to unplug it and replug it 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 times until the cursor move normally. Only then I can play without the emulator crashing AND when my batteries are out of juice, I always have to remove the battery pack, put another one, plug NOT my classic pro but my nunchuck, go in the emulator menu and make a quick save, return to the wii title screen (the wii one, not the emulator one), plug my classic pro, make sure the cursor is good and then return quick loading my game... If I switch battery pack and replug my classic pro inside the emulator, it crash 100% of the time...

When I save, it always write that's not saved for some reason, it seem to be a bug with the emulator (2.3 BETA, that's just a beta) but I tried saving and rebooting my wii and loading it, it's always working fine. I always do a "quick" save too just in case (and because it's wayyyyy faster to load a game instead of watching the starting game cinematic and the slow "normal" load game)

And then, right now, I have only final fantasy tactic to play with and I cannot use the sound. I hear no stop nuclear weapons lol... BUT it is 60 fps and vvveeerrrrrrrryyyyy fun !!!!!! From gbatemp.net it is written "Final Fantasy Tactics / NTSC-U / ?
Moderate sound issues."

MODERATE LOLLLLLL it's crazy inside no stop !

oh front mission 3 is not in this list !? woua... Next game I try :P

"Diablo / PAL / ?" Do we need a PAL bios ?

Carlos_DobleC

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Tales of Phantasia (SLPS_01770)
Recomended Settings:
CPU Core -> Dynarec.
Bios -> I have bios 1000, 1001 and 5500 in the folder, but I think the ideal is 5500.
Limit FPS -> Auto.
Frame Skip -> Off.
Dithering -> Default.
PSX Controller Type -> Standart (The control doesn't work in Analog mode).
Disable Audio -> No.
Disable XA -> No (The XA is the main problem of the game in its emulation, but disabling it doesn't help)*.

*Commentary: The game, along with other Tales of / RPG's in the system seems not to work because when playing the dubbed dialogs, it stops working.
However, the game works at 60 constant FPS (with negligible drops before entering battles).
In order to play it you must deactivate the voices (both in battle and in events) in the customize menu.
After seeing the initial battle (which is not shown in all its glory in this emulator) and after accessing the menu (ingame, not the title screen one) you can activate the voices in battle (the event voices always crash the game).

More info about the sound bug -> https://github.com/RDCH106/pcsxgc/issues/141

Last edited by Carlos_DobleC,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Tales of Phantasia (SLPS_01770)
Recomended Settings:
CPU Core -> Dynarec.
Bios -> I have bios 1000, 1001 and 5500 in the folder, but I think the ideal is 5500.
Limit FPS -> Auto.
Frame Skip -> Off.
Dithering -> Default.
PSX Controller Type -> Standart (The control doesn't work in Analog mode).
Disable Audio -> No.
Disable XA -> No (The XA is the main problem of the game in its emulation, but disabling it doesn't help)*.

*Commentary: The game, along with other Tales of / RPG's in the system seems not to work because when playing the dubbed dialogs, it stops working.
However, the game works at 60 constant FPS (with negligible drops before entering battles).
In order to play it you must deactivate the voices (both in battle and in events) in the customize menu.
After seeing the initial battle (which is not shown in all its glory in this emulator) and after accessing the menu (ingame, not the title screen one) you can activate the voices in battle (the event voices always crash the game).

More info about the sound bug -> https://github.com/RDCH106/pcsxgc/issues/141
Interesting find!:) I will test it when I have access to my Wii again.

Reactions: Carlos_DobleC

destrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I use save states?

That's probably the "quick save" and "quick load" (it isnt called that way in the emulator). That's from the emulator, not in game.

That's mmhhh where you go to see the name of the rom you loaded, the mmhh save states its called I think ? You can use the slot 0 to 9 and make many saves and load the one you want anytime and you can close the wii and you keep the save forever (I save them on my sd card)

destrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, from the compatibility list website :

Jade Cocoon - Story of the Tamamayu USA SLUS-00854 Works I walked around the Dream Area. Full Speed with rare dips Good Audio. Playable.

Could someone explain how to make it working ? It doesn't... While listening the dialogue, when a character finish speaking, we still hear them speak but that's a sound loop problem and when we can finaly play (I mean killing mobs and start xping) the area never load, it crash.

Another problem I have, are you guys able to use the joysticks ? Is my bios the problem again ? Even with the option ON from the emulator they never work.

And if you guys are curious :

diablo : fps drop near torches and lava, music loop problem (but the kind of music in this game make it still listenable). It work but the characters are hardcore only and the playstation version is *** lol (try d1 + expansion + hellfire mod if you have a pc)
FF9 : not working at all
front mission 3 : the screen become fully rainbow colored after the training. Just unplayable.
gran turismo 2 : never load a race ("I saw the 1 work fine, I'll download it...)
Road rash 3d doesnt work, but the jailbreak is perfect (but the visual quality the developer made is less good than I remembered lol)

The fps will always be more important than the audio, but I hope they make an update to fix the audio. In all games there is a audio loop problem, of is my bios the problem ?

Last edited by destrock,
D

Deleted User

I retested Jade Cocoon - Story of the Tamamayu with the Wiisxr 2.3 beta for the Nintendo Wii. Save your game with the save state feature from Wiisxr, change to Interpreter mode and walk into the forest. You can change back to dynarec mode afterwards. The game runs fine.
Remember, the emulator resets the game when you change between modes.
About FF9, Front Mission 3, Gran Turismo 2 and Road Rash 3d, yes those games don´t work with the latest Wiisxr build.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
gran turismo 2 : never load a race ("I saw the 1 work fine, I'll download it...)
It works (NTSC-U), but the car goes flying about a minute after you start a race. Pretty funny.

has anybody gotten silent hill 1 to work without freezing within the intro?
It works here (NTSC-U), though it runs faster than normal, and the speech cuts.

I think someone asked for Xenogear, it also works for me (NTSC-U).

Last edited by niuus,

destrock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I edited a couple things

Hi guys, I have more problems with some games, maybe you know some workaround ?

- The trick for jade cocoon worked ty

- I have not tried civilization 2 on the slow pros (not dynarec the other [I forgot how its called]) but in brigandine, we have to switch before each combat, quick save on emulator, switch on the other, quick load, wait the start of the battle, save/change/load again. That's annoying but not that much. The game is so good.

- In koudelka, I finished the disc1, but I just don't understand how to be able to load on the disc 2. In games such as Grandia, there is a save between the 2 discs so that's easy, but in Koudelka, there is only a normal save points near where the disc1 end...

- In legend of dragoons in which I played I think around 25 hours of gameplay, on the disc2 If I remember right, I'm stuck with a no stop black screen after a boss (the boss in which there is 2 bosses, the ocean dragon and a girl (a dragoon) the lover of what seem the be the last boss (the "black daredevil" from the moon). I did that boss 4 times, and ALWAYS, after the battle is that black screen. And very often, in this game, we have to load from the in game save, because the emulator codes seem to bug and we get stuck in a black screen. I had to reload and lose many hours of gameplay many times with this bug and this game. That's a good game, I would like to finish it lol *cry*

Last edited by destrock,

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guys I have a couple of questions.
I execute wiisxr through a forwarder on wii u menu. How can I make the games to be displayed in its proper aspect ratio? the wiisxr settings seems to affect only its menu but not the game.

Another thing: today I tried 2 games (megaman 8 and RE survivor) and none of them worked even though they appear as working perfectly in the compatibility list although they didn't mention any special settings. The game codes are exactly the same as in the list and these are clean images.

Lastly, at this point is there any hope for the games that appear as not working in the list to be compatible in future wiisxr's updates?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Guys I have a couple of questions.
I execute wiisxr through a forwarder on wii u menu. How can I make the games to be displayed in its proper aspect ratio? the wiisxr settings seems to affect only its menu but not the game.

Another thing: today I tried 2 games (megaman 8 and RE survivor) and none of them worked even though they appear as working perfectly in the compatibility list although they didn't mention any special settings. The game codes are exactly the same as in the list and these are clean images.
Both games work perfectly for me, even Survivor, being such a horrible game, it runs without problems :lol:. Aspect ratio settings also work. To be sure, don't use the forwarder, launch it through HBC.

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Both games work perfectly for me, even Survivor, being such a horrible game, it runs without problems :lol:. Aspect ratio settings also work. To be sure, don't use the forwarder, launch it through HBC.
I tested again this time in vwii directly and didn't work. I get a black screen after bios (I tested bypassing bios as well).
However I managed to launch wiisxr in its correct aspect ratio. As you may know vwii has two homebrew channels. One is forced 4:3 and the other is forced 16:9. It's not very handy but that's what it is.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I tested again this time in vwii directly and didn't work. I get a black screen after bios (I tested bypassing bios as well).
However I managed to launch wiisxr in its correct aspect ratio. As you may know vwii has two homebrew channels. One is forced 4:3 and the other is forced 16:9. It's not very handy but that's what it is.
Ahh... so i see your problem, now. You were using outdated HBC. You really don't need to use both prehistoric versions.

Use the latest one, which is already fixed, no need to force aspect ratios.
https://github.com/FIX94/hbc/releases

After installing the new one, just delete the oldest channels.

Last edited by niuus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn