Homebrew WiiSX won't save control configurations,can someone help me?

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i dunno what the problem could be,but that's very anoying!
everytime i want to play SotN i have to re-map the psx d-pad to the gc's analog,since it's set to the gc's d-pad; and ^to B (nintendo ever since i was born...can't get used to back buttonthat high...
yaywii.gif
)

but really,wii64 saves just fine,since the menu is extremelly similat,i though saving was just like wii64,but it doesn't works...
but the emulation is almost perfect on SotN,only few areas have a little lag,altough it didn't met my expectation (no way it's the best metroid vania,an excelent game,but still araia of sorrow and the ds ones all beat it)

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guedesbrawl
Did you playing it with gamecube controller. Did you play with the official bios ? If i remember SOTN need psx bios for better support.

Did you use official wiisx or my mod?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Is WiiSX installed on your SD card or a USB drive? I seem to recall that when WiiSX was installed on a USB drive, it would always load the controller configuration from SD, regardless of where I saved it or where I loaded it from, so when I saved the config to the USB drive it would never load my saved configurations... if that's the case, try copying your saved configurations over to your SD card.

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i got the wiisx from the link on wiibrew,so it probably is the original version,and i'm using a gc controller,
i am playing it through n sd

also,matguitarist,what you did in wiisx?

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guedesbrawl said:
i got the wiisx from the link on wiibrew,so it probably is the original version,and i'm using a gc controller,
i am playing it through n sd

also,matguitarist,what you did in wiisx?

I made USB2 mod with 3rd party classic controller support

But the fix only affect 3rd party classic controller

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i re-downloaded wiisx,and it didn't fix the problem

it actually saves control configurations now,but only wile it's running.if i return to HBC the configuratons will be gone

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guedesbrawl said:

it actually saves control configurations now,but only wile it's running.if i return to HBC the configuratons will be gone

Both WiiSX and Wii64 do this because the developers haven't coded the programs to save the controller configurations.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
crwys said:
guedesbrawl said:

Both WiiSX and Wii64 do this because the developers haven't coded the programs to save the controller configurations.

What are you saying? Off course it is implemented. It's just that USB compatibility is quite limited because they don't have USB2 support like other emulators, that's all, but otherwise, it saves perfectly if you stick to SD.

To the original poster, make sure you are using this properly, maybe the auto load slot is not the same as the one you saved .

From the readme:

QUOTE said:
Controls:
* Controls are now fully configurable so any button on your controller can be mapped
* The controller configuration screen presents each PSX button and allows you to toggle through sources
* There are 4 configuration slots for each type of controller
* To load a different, previously saved configuration, select the slot, and click 'Load'
* After configuring the controls as desired, select the slot, and click 'Save'
* After saving different configurations to the slots, be sure to save your configs in the input tab of the settings frame
* Clicking 'Next Pad' will cycle through the PSX controllers assigned

* There is an option to invert the Y axis of the PSX's analog sticks; by default this is 'Normal Y'
* The 'Menu Combo' configuration allows you to select a button combination to return to the menu
* Input
* Configure Input: Select controllers to use in game
* Configure Buttons: Enter the controller configuration screen described above
* Save Button Configs: Save all of the controller configuration slots to SD or USB
* Auto Load Slot: Select which slot to automatically be loaded for each type of controller

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It saves it but configurations are lost after restarting the emulator if I understand and remember correctly from reading about this a while ago.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for bumping an old thread but i also have the same issue. No matter what, even after multiple clicks to save controller configurations AND settings from the Wii SX menu, all button settings are lost after exiting from WiiSX.
I tried to edit the various control#.cfg files (#= W,N,G or C) in my /wiisx folder of my SD card but no dice, i only see garbled characters in them.

Wii64 works perfectly and has the same gui and team behind it IIRC. So i really wonder why this happens only in WiiSX.

BTW: I found out that this emu gets a SERIOUS boost in speed by turning Dithering to NONE.
This also can't be saved permanently, unlike other video settings, whch i edited from the menu and the settings.cfg file in my SD card.

Annoying issues. At least the controls one is sidestepped from using a Classic Controller which is ofcourse a PSX controller (which in turn was a SNES controller with added sticks and L2,R2 :P ) and has all the buttons assigned correctly by default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1