WiiSX won't save control configurations,can someone help me?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by guedesbrawl, Feb 25, 2011.

1. guedesbrawl
    OP

Member guedesbrawl GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    i dunno what the problem could be,but that's very anoying!
    everytime i want to play SotN i have to re-map the psx d-pad to the gc's analog,since it's set to the gc's d-pad; and ^to B (nintendo ever since i was born...can't get used to back buttonthat high...[​IMG] )

but really,wii64 saves just fine,since the menu is extremelly similat,i though saving was just like wii64,but it doesn't works...
    but the emulation is almost perfect on SotN,only few areas have a little lag,altough it didn't met my expectation (no way it's the best metroid vania,an excelent game,but still araia of sorrow and the ds ones all beat it)

2. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hi Guedesbrawl
    Did you playing it with gamecube controller. Did you play with the official bios ? If i remember SOTN need psx bios for better support.

Did you use official wiisx or my mod?

3. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is WiiSX installed on your SD card or a USB drive? I seem to recall that when WiiSX was installed on a USB drive, it would always load the controller configuration from SD, regardless of where I saved it or where I loaded it from, so when I saved the config to the USB drive it would never load my saved configurations... if that's the case, try copying your saved configurations over to your SD card.

4. guedesbrawl
    OP

Brazil
    i got the wiisx from the link on wiibrew,so it probably is the original version,and i'm using a gc controller,
    i am playing it through n sd

also,matguitarist,what you did in wiisx?

5. matguitarist

Member matguitarist GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I made USB2 mod with 3rd party classic controller support

But the fix only affect 3rd party classic controller

6. guedesbrawl
    OP

Brazil
    i re-downloaded wiisx,and it didn't fix the problem

it actually saves control configurations now,but only wile it's running.if i return to HBC the configuratons will be gone

7. crwys

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Both WiiSX and Wii64 do this because the developers haven't coded the programs to save the controller configurations.

8. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba

9. crwys

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It saves it but configurations are lost after restarting the emulator if I understand and remember correctly from reading about this a while ago.

10. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
  11. guedesbrawl
    OP

Brazil
    man,i do it just like i would in wii64,it doesn't save
    i did it just like you mentioned too,i use an sd card

12. guedesbrawl
    OP

Brazil
    oh..crws,wii64 saves perfectly,you know?

13. nakata6790

Member nakata6790 True Player

Greece
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but i also have the same issue. No matter what, even after multiple clicks to save controller configurations AND settings from the Wii SX menu, all button settings are lost after exiting from WiiSX.
    I tried to edit the various control#.cfg files (#= W,N,G or C) in my /wiisx folder of my SD card but no dice, i only see garbled characters in them.

Wii64 works perfectly and has the same gui and team behind it IIRC. So i really wonder why this happens only in WiiSX.

BTW: I found out that this emu gets a SERIOUS boost in speed by turning Dithering to NONE.
    This also can't be saved permanently, unlike other video settings, whch i edited from the menu and the settings.cfg file in my SD card.

Annoying issues. At least the controls one is sidestepped from using a Classic Controller which is ofcourse a PSX controller (which in turn was a SNES controller with added sticks and L2,R2 :P ) and has all the buttons assigned correctly by default.